BF2142 help

peta328

Limp Gawd
I play bf2142 and I am only getting around 15-28fps with all settings on low. I am using the wide screen exploit thing so my resolution is 1440 by 900. I tested with and without it and still get the same fps. It just seems Like I should be getting more.So do those fps seem right or should I be getting more. My system specs are
pentium 805 2.66ghz
1gig ram
7600gs 512mb
creative x-fi
500watt power supply on 12v 36amp
Windows xp home

Well im shure you know anyhting with battlefield loves ram. ANd your cpu could be limiting it also. I had a issue like that. Used to get 30fps max. No matter what settings i tryed. I had a p4 3.0 and my x1950 pro. Switched to the C2D and No its around 80-100 fps...

did you try 800x600 :eek:

i dont really know how good a 7600gs is, sounds slow tho.

It definitely isn't right. On my laptop, with all the settings on low, i get around 20-30fps with an old Althon 3400+, 1GB of RAM and a 128MB 9700. On my friend's computer, which has a 6800GS, he gets about the same performance. I really don't understand why. I'm betting it's due to CPU limitations since, although he has 1.5GB of RAM, he's using a 2400+ (i think).

Check your drivers on your sound and video cards. Also, kill processes you aren't using. I only have 1Gig of RAM too but the game runs fine for me on pretty good settings.

You need at least a gig for the BF2 engine based BF games. With tweaking you might get away with 512 on all low settings, but most people's PC's are far from optimised with tons of erroneous little programs running in the background.

7600GS is easily enough for BF2142 on moderate settings.

well i can run it with just 512mb and no vid card and it runs just fine on mid settings.

I never had any problems with it getting all choppy and unplayable, actually most of the time it seems seems pretty smooth. The only thing I would have a problem with is selecting the menus :p, respawn point and that stuff that actually seems to lag.

You need at least a gig for the BF2 engine based BF games. With tweaking you might get away with 512 on all low settings, but most people's PC's are far from optimised with tons of erroneous little programs running in the background.

7600GS is easily enough for BF2142 on moderate settings.

I have a gig of ram. It just seems with everything on low I should be getting at least 40-50fps. Like when i first start playing I am getting 60-80fps then it just dips straight down. It just doesn't seem right because with everything on low it should work fine and get good fps. But maybe it is my cpu.

I just updated my video card drives to 93.71 and now I am only getting 5-15fps and I can't rma the video card because I didn't buy it I brought it from a clan member so I don't know what to do so help me please if you can.

well i can run it with just 512mb and no vid card and it runs just fine on mid settings.

No video card, huh?

I have a gig of ram. It just seems with everything on low I should be getting at least 40-50fps. Like when i first start playing I am getting 60-80fps then it just dips straight down. It just doesn't seem right because with everything on low it should work fine and get good fps. But maybe it is my cpu.

What's it like offline; the same?

yup same online and offline. I am going to try and reinstall the video card drivers so I can get the twenty instead of the five fps.

yup same online and offline. I am going to try and reinstall the video card drivers so I can get the twenty instead of the five fps.

Heh, i should have really suggested this. I forgot, but about a month ago, when i reformatted my laptop's hard drive, i installed new drivers on there only to experience the exact problems you (and my friend) was having. Only the problematic driver for me was the CPU one, which was restricting it to 800Mhz, instead of 2.2Ghz. What frequency is your CPU actually running at?

In cpu-z it says 2.659ghz so I don't believe its my cpu.
EDIT
in speed fan it is showing my cpu at around 63C and full load it goes hiher than 70C and low 80C I know the pentium d are hot but I know that is unsafe for these things because these things can only handle up to 70C until it runs into problems ie dieing earlier than expected. But do you think this could be leading to my problems?
EDIT#2
if needed to I could buy a e4300 as a last resort I just am wondering if it would work with my motherboard. My motherboard is a pc chip p13g+ has 800mhz fsb intel 865g chipset it supports my oven I mean pentium d which runs at 800mhz fsb so it should work but I am not sure. Yeah I know the motherboard isn't that great and still has ddr400 and agp but it would only be temporary until I could get another board. so does anyone know if the e4300 would work with my pc chip p13g+ motherboard? this motherboard is similar to mine except mine supports pentium d not exactly the same but very similar http://www.pcchips.com.tw/PCCWeb/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?CategoryID=1&TypeID=9&DetailID=353&MenuID=16&LanID=2

Back