BFG 6800GT OC problems

bobmanfoo

Limp Gawd
just got my 6800GT, installed it and it crashes after about 3minutes, can't even make it through 1 3dmark03 bench, Far Cry crashes after 3 mins, uninstalled ALL my drivers, used driver cleaner, and reinstalled all my drivers, i've tried on 61.71 and the WHQL 61.34s

bobmanfoo said:
just got my 6800GT, installed it and it crashes after about 3minutes, can't even make it through 1 3dmark03 bench, Far Cry crashes after 3 mins, uninstalled ALL my drivers, used driver cleaner, and reinstalled all my drivers, i've tried on 61.71 and the WHQL 61.34s

Sounds like a low watts PSU or a crap-generic PSU problem.

[BB] Rick James said:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=773898

I'm not sure if you and I borderline have the same problem but I too feel your pain.

Some say it might be the ram sinks/pads they have on the card. I think we both might be running into the heat issues of some kind.
i only have an antec true330w, got it working buy running my pc stock, and unplugging a few things. is there anyway my cpu OC causing problems? i've ran fx590 and x800pro with no problem, thanks guys

Too low there Dude (saw ya on that other forum :) ). You need a good quality 400W.

i know it doesnt sound like much fun but you could try underclocking your card until your new power supply shows up.

300/1000 should not stress the juice near so much but still perform pretty dang well the difference of 350 gt to ultra 400 is about 7/8 so drop it down to 6/8

scott122 said:
Too low there Dude (saw ya on that other forum :) ). You need a good quality 400W.
:confused:
"This Graphics Card Requires:
1. A minimum 300W system power supply"

http://www.bfgtech.com/6800GTOC.html

Even the 6800 Ultra doesn't "require" a 400W PSU, although some manufacturers of 6800 Ultra Extremes do recommend higher PSUs for those cards.

i had the same problem except it was worst. as soon as i tried to open a game the system froze. I tried it on a comp w/ a 430 watt psu and it had artifacts in windows w/o even doing anything. Gonna take 2 weeks for the RMA to finish, sigh...

rayg said:
i had the same problem except it was worst. as soon as i tried to open a game the system froze. I tried it on a comp w/ a 430 watt psu and it had artifacts in windows w/o even doing anything. Gonna take 2 weeks for the RMA to finish, sigh...

That sounds like a heat-related issue too. Make sure your room isn't too hot. Even better, try the card with the AC on if you got it in your room.

ok i got it working, i almost went out and bought a new psu, but it was my cpu OC, i lowered it and everything is ok, strange how my it was prime stable though.... thanks guys

bobmanfoo said:
ok i got it working, i almost went out and bought a new psu, but it was my cpu OC, i lowered it and everything is ok, strange how my it was prime stable though.... thanks guys

Well that makes a difference :) I don't remember reading where you had it overclocked, maybe I missed it. Glad you have it working.

pxc said:
:confused:
"This Graphics Card Requires:
1. A minimum 300W system power supply"

http://www.bfgtech.com/6800GTOC.html

Even the 6800 Ultra doesn't "require" a 400W PSU, although some manufacturers of 6800 Ultra Extremes do recommend higher PSUs for those cards.
Yeah, and Microsoft claims you can run Windows XP on a 233 MHz machine with 128 MB of RAM. ;)

Back