Bios flashing the 680GTX

Tripp17

Gawd
I have read that a few people have flashed there 680s to the SC bios to gain the little extra performance. Now there are some cards that are 1137 core and 1202 boost. 1202 is about what my eVGA SC can handle 100% with out any crashing. The thing i like is that it would be nice to see games that only use the base (Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade) raised from 1058 to 1137. What are people using? Most apps dont have the 680 listed as compatible yet. Any ideas, and any thoughts as to anyone cracking the voltage barrier set in the hardware? I think it can be done... i used to soder cards to get extreme overclocks, granted its been awhile but i believe someone will be able to get a bios that adds a extra bit of juice to the core hence allowing really nice overclocks.

It's very easy to flash via nvflash in DOS, though I'd be sure to backup/dump our current bios (nvflash --save namewhateveryouwant.rom). You can follow this tutorial, but skip steps 1 through 3 - http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119955

Edit: Oh and replace the nvflash in that package with the newest one out :)

I actually dumped my SC+ bios and Signature+ bios for TPU. Another thing to note, is that Crazy Chuckster seems to know about a lot of this stuff when it comes to editing. I sent him my Sig+ bios a few hours ago, so you may want to send him a PM :p

It's very easy to flash via nvflash in DOS, though I'd be sure to backup/dump our current bios (nvflash --save namewhateveryouwant.rom). You can follow this tutorial, but skip steps 1 through 3 - http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119955

I actually dumped my SC+ bios and Signature+ bios for TPU. Another thing to note, is that Crazy Chuckster seems to know about a lot of this stuff when it comes to editing. I sent him my Sig+ bios a few hours ago, so you may want to send him a PM :p

Actually right now the only way to edit the 680 bios is with a hex editor. I am not about to go down that road..... I actually used the bios you gave me on one of my 680's and it helped me squeeze a little more out if it.

For now I would like to see nbitor get updated so that I CAN edit the bios and go from there, in the meantime I will keep reading and tinkering.....

Actually right now the only way to edit the 680 bios is with a hex editor. I am not about to go down that road..... I actually used the bios you gave me on one of my 680's and it helped me squeeze a little more out if it.

For now I would like to see nbitor get updated so that I CAN edit the bios and go from there, in the meantime I will keep reading and tinkering.....

Yes, I'm aware of the current situation and completely agree with you. How much "more" were you able to squeeze?

Hmm I'd like to try this. Would you be willing to post the bios you sent him somewhere? Don't see a Sig+ bios on TPU bios collection.

Back