blah, monitor issues

djgizmo

[H]ard|Gawd
wife bought me a 22" monitor for my birthday last year (Aug 2007),
Envision G218A1

I liked it even though it seemed like a economy brand. (not samsung or westy etc etc)

I've been using it for over a year, and not a single issue. Nice overall colors, decent gaming response, and even came with a dvi cable. Only moved it once, and it was moved from one apartment to another in the original box.

Over the past week, the OSD (on screen display) menu keeps popping up on its own and cycling backwards. (Right to left or bottom to top)
Now I know from using the monitor the only way I could get it to pop up is either with the menu button or the + or minus buttons. Like any good techy, I double / triple checked that none of those buttons were squished down.

So I unplugged the power, left un plugged for 60 seconds, plugged back in, tested, same issue. Same thing with the dvi cable same issue.

I'm unable to switch the video source because I'm unable to access the OSD menu while its auto cycling.

Does anyone have a power on reset key combination that will put thi monitor in factory reset?

Thanks

Back