Blizzard on Cheating In Diablo III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless of course they adjust drop rates to make sure their "market" doesn't get flooded, and as a result their cut of the profits which stem from a percentage of every sale.

Then the people getting hurt are going to be the poor saps who are trying to play the game ... I don't know like some sort of "real" RPG, in that there's no magical auction place to buy stuff from mysterious interdimensional travelers (other players). Hell I believe even somewhere in this thread this was a quip about single players, and how they shouldn't use the AH at all...

Keep digging your hole thinking you can get out of it Blizzard.

Well you can beat the game right now with the gear that is already on the AH so if they want to adjust the market so that blizzard is only selling the most bad ass items, then it will be market correction to decide whether or no to buy the product/service.

I'm sorry that so many people have gotten screwed or are unhappy with the game...

But I have to say that I'm pretty damn satisfied with my decision to stay away from this game the moment I heard about the online AH allowing real money purchases/only online single player. Reading through 4 pages of grief has seriously justified this decision on so many levels... levels I hadn't even bothered to consider.

Maybe I'll look it up when it finally becomes a real free to play game (IE no $60 retail charge for the initial purchase).

There will always be a group of people that complain about a game. Typically you see/read more of the complaints than you do the comments; the people that enjoy the game are busy playing it. I was worried about the RMAH at first, but to be honest, what difference does it make. People bought items off ebay in D2, it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the game. If you really want to play the game, then buy it and enjoy it. That's what I have been doing, and I don't regret spending the money I did to get it either.

There will always be a group of people that complain about a game. Typically you see/read more of the complaints than you do the comments; the people that enjoy the game are busy playing it.

That is generally true, however there are a LOT of people complaining about this game, and several I've seen personally who rabidly defended the game at first, but eventually wound up either asking for a refund or just stopped playing.

There will always be a group of people that complain about a game. Typically you see/read more of the complaints than you do the comments; the people that enjoy the game are busy playing it. I was worried about the RMAH at first, but to be honest, what difference does it make. People bought items off ebay in D2, it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the game. If you really want to play the game, then buy it and enjoy it. That's what I have been doing, and I don't regret spending the
money I did to get it either.

If you want, seraphical, I can toss you a guest pass just fire being a fellow [H] member. Then you can make the decision for yourself.

There will always be a group of people that complain about a game. Typically you see/read more of the complaints than you do the comments; the people that enjoy the game are busy playing it. I was worried about the RMAH at first, but to be honest, what difference does it make. People bought items off ebay in D2, it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the game. If you really want to play the game, then buy it and enjoy it. That's what I have been doing, and I don't regret spending the money I did to get it either.

That is generally true, however there are a LOT of people complaining about this game, and several I've seen personally who rabidly defended the game at first, but eventually wound up either asking for a refund or just stopped playing.

I would hope you aren't grouping me in the rabidly defending category. I love the game, but to each their own.

I think cheating in a single player game is perfectly acceptable. Well, unless it's invincibility in a game like R-Type, then bragging that you beat it with one life is pretty meaningless. But cheating in MP is so gay. There was this guy who was cheating in UT3, and he was still losing. It was hilarious.

Yeah because that worked so well for Ubisoft with Assassin's Creed, and Splinter Cell Conviction...oh wait.

Was that for pirating or cheating? Just asking as I never played either of those but UBi is known for more of the drm fiasco...

If you want, seraphical, I can toss you a guest pass just fire being a fellow [H] member. Then you can make the decision for yourself.

Thank you kindly for the offer (really, I appreciate it), but I will respectfully decline. A lot of my previous post was self reassurance that not playing the game was a good idea... which was more or less a poor attempt to deflect the fact that I'd end up a hopeless addict if I did ever start playing it. :D

I don't see much difference in spending an hour at work, getting paid X for it, then spending X to get unique item from auction house, vs. spending an hour getting a hack to work that gives me that unique item from auction house. Complaining about some random internet asshole cheating, is equal to complaining about some wealthy random internet asshole now in these games. All they did was take the work/tech out of cheating.

Personally I liked it better when I could host a server any way that my friends and I want it, and play with my friends who I trust and they trust me. So no DIII for me.

Unless you have some sort of proof I doubt it is on their end.
Wow, you're one of those people who thinks that you absolutely WILL get a virus/malware if you ever download anything illegally like a song or a movie aren't you?

Seriously, proof? The fact Blizzard felt the need to create an authenticator tool just to login on kind of reeks of potential security problems. The fact their passwords are not case sensitive makes me wonder what ancient piece of software the login uses. Seriously, what proof would someone need to satisfy your belief? Someone with a brand new computer, nothing installed at all not even an O/S, and they install their O/S, then Diablo 3, and never go to a website ever? Would that be sufficient proof

The fact their passwords are not case sensitive makes me wonder what ancient piece of software the login uses.

It blew my mind when I first read this a couple weeks ago. Has it always been this way? I started playing online Blizzard games starting in '98 and have always had random caps in my passwords. The fact that I just found this out is insane to me.

It blew my mind when I first read this a couple weeks ago. Has it always been this way? I started playing online Blizzard games starting in '98 and have always had random caps in my passwords. The fact that I just found this out is insane to me.
They reject punctuation too... you can't really make that great of passwords without caps and puctuation, hell--all of mine have both of these, and i had to tailor a special one just for blizzard's special-ed requirements.

No it was not always like this, when every game had it's own login they supported real passwords with case sensativity. When they went to the new battle.net and merged everything into one, they went to weak password support.

No it was not always like this, when every game had it's own login they supported real passwords with case sensativity. When they went to the new battle.net and merged everything into one, they went to weak password support.

I don't know anything about password support.

Can someone educate me as to why they would have possibly done this? Would it be that expensive to add in punctuation / capital support? :confused:

I don't know anything about password support.

Can someone educate me as to why they would have possibly done this? Would it be that expensive to add in punctuation / capital support? :confused:

Probably so that people wouldn't flood Blizz with support tickets after forgetting precisely where they punctuated their p4$$w0Rd.

Smart move in theory on their part from that perspective, but of course, flawed overall when it comes to actual account security.

And they wonder why folks run the bit torrent version. It works online and ofline and i can change what ever settings i damn well please. I hate hackers and cheaters but I do like to make games like this run how I want them to. I have been playing games since i got my first Ti-99 4A and have seen good developers and many bad ones. Why do I want to give $60 for a game that is a leaking seive when I can dload it for free and have it work just dandy.

Probably so that people wouldn't flood Blizz with support tickets after forgetting precisely where they punctuated their p4$$w0Rd.
That's one possibility. Another is to have an automated system where it simply asks a security question or 2, then resets your password an emails it to the email address on file. Not requiring a single damn human interaction from Blizzard

And they wonder why folks run the bit torrent version. It works online and ofline and i can change what ever settings i damn well please. I hate hackers and cheaters but I do like to make games like this run how I want them to. I have been playing games since i got my first Ti-99 4A and have seen good developers and many bad ones. Why do I want to give $60 for a game that is a leaking seive when I can dload it for free and have it work just dandy.

:confused:

Wasn't aware D3 had been cracked...

Its seems skidrow is working on the emulation server and has yet to release it, so where did you get this magic D3 crack?

You must be new here. Might want to read the forum rules about piracy. Good job admitting you're one of the cause of DRM. :rolleyes:

You must be new here. Might want to read the forum rules about piracy. Good job admitting you're one of the cause of DRM. :rolleyes:

I just reply with this sentence fragment

... if you think piracy was the reason for always on ....

This ban was very small. They did not target any of the users using the current paid for biggest bot.....

His statement was pure rhetoric... I see nothing in his post about actually admitting to downloading the software...

Knee jerk reaction much?

His statement was pure rhetoric... I see nothing in his post about actually admitting to downloading the software...

Knee jerk reaction much?

It also can be read as he's actually doing it. It can be read both ways.

Defending piracy much?

It also can be read as he's actually doing it. It can be read both ways.

Defending piracy much?

That's quite a stretch there buddy. I guess life for some wouldn't be quite as fulfilling if they didn't get to shove words in others mouths though...

or maybe

Perhaps you could have just reported his post and let the mods take care of it.. you know... since he's obviously outed himself as a dirty pirate. I think that would have been a tad more productive then popping off with asinine posts. :rolleyes:

That's quite a stretch there buddy. I guess life for some wouldn't be quite as fulfilling if they didn't get to shove words in others mouths though...

or maybe

Perhaps you could have just reported his post and let the mods take care of it.. you know... since he's obviously outed himself as a dirty pirate. I think that would have been a tad more productive then popping off with asinine posts. :rolleyes:

You mean like.. yours?

Don't bother, Azhar is one of the biggest anti-piracy proponents around here. :p

Don't bother, Azhar is one of the biggest anti-piracy proponents around here. :p

More like anti-stupid-piracy-justification proponent. People making extreme statements out of anything to support it makes me roll my eyes. Drugs, speeding, stealing..

More like anti-stupid-piracy-justification proponent. People making extreme statements out of anything to support it makes me roll my eyes. Drugs, speeding, stealing..

So you're admitting that to "combat" them you willingly stoop down to their level first...

So you're admitting that to "combat" them you willingly stoop down to their level first...

I liken this to lifting up the covers when you know for a fact that your significant other is plagued by horrible gas. You know what's going to come out is going to just stink... :p

Seriously though... arguing with people like this is like trying to convince a Westboro church goer to leave a military funeral... it's just not going to happen and it's only going to piss you off in the end. You're better off ignoring it and moving on with your life.

Cheating in a Co-op mandatory online game like Diablo 3 should be treated lightly.....Once PvP drops then maybe they can alter the rules for PvP. Only real issue is possible extra gear.

Hell I wish I had a single player mode where I could turn on some god mode hacks and rape Inferno Act IV like Inferno Act IV has been raping me.

I liken this to lifting up the covers when you know for a fact that your significant other is plagued by horrible gas. You know what's going to come out is going to just stink... :p

Seriously though... arguing with people like this is like trying to convince a Westboro church goer to leave a military funeral... it's just not going to happen and it's only going to piss you off in the end. You're better off ignoring it and moving on with your life.

Well you're doing quite badly with regards to the ignoring part. But thanks for comparing me to Westboro. I think you've successfully updated the Godwin Law. :rolleyes:

I don't see anything wrong to get banned for cheating in games. In wow you also get banned for cheating, doesnt matter you paid $2K for play time and you have 10x 85. I do however agree with this because cheating, hacking, exploiting, botting, farming and selling virtual currencies etc is retarded and should be treated like that.

I don't see anything wrong to get banned for cheating in games. In wow you also get banned for cheating, doesnt matter you paid $2K for play time and you have 10x 85. I do however agree with this because cheating, hacking, exploiting, botting, farming and selling virtual currencies etc is retarded and should be treated like that.

Of course. But Blizzard's track record on identifying who is cheating scum and who is an innocent caught in the crossfire has been lack luster. I've read (and even played with a few) about plenty who end up getting their account banned after getting hacked. This was mostly due to the compromiser doing some shitty things with the account.

With that said... I can only see Blizzard's (blind) zeal 10 times worse here. Now instead of being an annoyance to their fan base; hackers are directly interfering with their bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back