Blur

-Sn1PeR-

2[H]4U
Anyone else playing the Blur multiplayer beta on xbox live? I got my code last night and the game is a ton of fun. It's like a grown up version of mariokart. I'm really enjoying it so far.

I agree. This game wasn't on my radar at all until I tried the beta, and I am completely addicted. It is definitely a "grown up" Mario Kart and it seems to be more balanced regarding weapons. The weapons are not randomly selected, and you get the same ones on the track whether you are in 1st or 20th place.

With Blur and Split/Second, we're going to have some great arcade-style racing games coming out over the next few months.

very addictive, like the beta, but don't know if I like it for $60 at launch

I rented this game via Gamefly last week and ended up keeping it. I can't put this game down. I haven't played on xbox live this much since Halo 3 was released. I'm just wondering why it isnt that popular being that I only see about 1300 people online on average. Are there other better similar games out there that I dont know about? I love Gran Turismo Prologue and the PGR series, but this game is totally different than these. It's so awesome:cool:.

Rargh zombie thread! I've had a blast playing this game online, but like you said, I've seen about 1600 peak, during evening hours at that. I've had trouble going back to the single player games I was working on because of Blur.

I tried the beta and didn't like it at all, way too much randomness with powerups and such (you can be knocked from first to last place on whim it seems). At the same time if you build up any sort of decent lead at all no one can touch you. I played maybe 10 races in the beta, won 4-5 of 'em and the rest I was dead last...grrrr...

That said, I bought it when it was $10 at Best Buy a few weeks ago, still haven't broken the seal yet though.

Back