rflcptr

Supreme [H]ardness
Here's the link.

New to BOINC:
  • Simple GUI now localized and accessible
  • OpenCL Support
  • Improved Virtual Machine Support
  • Improved Client Scheduler

As for known issues, the 2 biggies are the inability to install on a domain controller, and that GPU detection has been deactivated for all versions of Windows when BOINC is used with the protected application execution option is enabled or installed as a service.

So far, it's running WCG fine (hoping to pull down some beta GPU work!) on one of my Win7 x64 machines using normal application execution.

As for known issues, the 2 biggies are the inability to install on a domain controller, and that GPU detection has been deactivated for all versions of Windows when BOINC is used with the protected application execution option is enabled or installed as a service.
Somehow I bet the issue with running it on a domain controller isn't a problem for most sysadmins! :D Thanks for the heads up though. I going to upgrade a couple of my clients and see how it goes. Crunch on!

Changing your cache isn't always an immediate effect on the 7 platform either. Sometimes it will, but its changes seem to have been deliberately made to help relieve strain on project servers. So, if you like immediate cache changes to take effect, stick with 6.10.60. However, this issue was introduced in the 6.12 series. I only mention it because there are still a lot of crunchers using the older client for this reason especially at WCG when they are trying to get those BETA's.

Not sure if this is new, I noticed BOINC has the ability to set software exceptions under your preferences, to reduce system use while some other software is running.

Also it starts up the BOINC Manager even if you designate the "only let this user use BOINC manager" which is stupid.

Back