Bought me a dremel...Modding my girlfriends case.

t0x1k

Gawd
I plan to cut a window in the top of my girlfriends computer. I'm leaning toward and round edge rectangle and then cut a window in her cd-rom in the shape of two dolphins and etch the details in the plexi.

The other route is cut a dolphin window, but i'm not skilled enough.

I own a dremel xpr 400, i love the thing, flex shaft, circle cutter(sub box, yay!!!), blade sharpener, drywall guide, the best $80 i've spent. I don't know what attachements to use to cut the windows..... I'm going to need to buy them since it didn't come with much. The plexi I can get from my job for cheap, I have some scrap I grabbed but it's scratched pretty bad.

My guide ... granted I havent touched it in like 3 years .. but it should give you a good idea. There are also many other guides out there just do a google search.

Basicly .. for cutting windows, use a cutoff wheel.It will vary based on who you talk to about what type of cutoff wheel is best Personally I do my cutting with standard wheels and fiberglass reinforced to shape. Tungsten Carbide bits can also be used and they can give you some really nice detail but do require a bit more pratice to use effectively.

dolphins? jesus christ.

i will never understand why so many women are into the dolphin thing. thank god mine likes motorcycles.

BioPort said:
dolphins? jesus christ.

i will never understand why so many women are into the dolphin thing. thank god mine likes motorcycles.

LOL I second this. Good luck on the mod and be sure to post some pictures of your progress as you go.

pics.gif

Back