Business Wireless Problems..

SpeedSlayer

Supreme [H]ardness
Let me start off by stating Im definately not a networking guru, not even close. But I wanted to explain the problem I was having at the office and how I solved them.

[Problem]: Currently we have 2 pernament computers connected through a wireless connection. Every so often, both computers would disconnect and it would take either a restart of the router or a some fiddling around in options (don't know what I was clicking so I couldn't say) The one thing that I did however notice might have caused the problem was the simple fact that it seemed that both the computers which are in the same office would want to get the same IP and the router tried to assign them both the same IP.

[Solution]: I created 4 static IPs, 2 for the computers that are currently being used, and 2 for the computers that will be become pernament next week. Then, using the router I also put the 4 static ips out of range for the DHCP and put them on reserve for these specific computers. Thus, hoping this did work properly, no computer that is pernanment should ever have a problem. Oh, and since the satellite company installed the router, I went ahead and did encryption since they forgot too.

I haven't seen this problem anywhere on [H] so I figured I would post it, and how I came to a solution. If anyone wants to put comments about this please do so.

Back