c7 laptop for 399.99

My brother in law got one at $399. I must say for general use it does quite well. It has Vista installed, but without the Aero interface dragging it down, it performs nicely. Personally i'd slap XP in there. But the machine itself has hella good battery life, and performs very well for the price!

I don't know, for that price it needs to be either more powerful, much smaller, or much cheaper.

I just don't understand why people can't buy used things. A used IBM at that same price point would be significantly better than that.

they went back up.

as far as the aero feature you can download a 3rd party that opens it reguardless of the version of vista you own .it called vistaeroswitch 1.0

by default vista has aero in every version just not able to get to it in the stripped version. also the aero feature does not need the requirments that microsoft says.

That was a Sunday only thing....
My second job is BB! They have more deals heavily related to Sunday than they do weekly deals unless its something that cant be pushed out as fast.
My store only had 4 of those laptops availible Sunday morning, 1 hour after opening we have the display left and we cant sell that.

Why in the world would you buy that, when you can get Core Duo Laptop for less than $100 more or might be same price.

About the only reason would be for battery life, if all your doing is web-browsing and basic document processing and want as much battery life as possible. A C7 laptop has *potential* to do the job.

About the only reason would be for battery life, if all your doing is web-browsing and basic document processing and want as much battery life as possible. A C7 laptop has *potential* to do the job.

I guess this would count as a great idea but not so great in real world application..

ah it not as bad as it looks, if it can vista and burns dvds it good enuff for lying in bed and surfing.
btw if u check out the c7 it around a p3 if not better. p3 still can kick @$$

It looks decent enough if you're just looking for light web browsing, typing papers and just general office type work... I would get one if I had the cash. How much does battery life improve with a c7? is it significant enough to look into getting one?

ah it not as bad as it looks, if it can vista and burns dvds it good enuff for lying in bed and surfing.
btw if u check out the c7 it around a p3 if not better. p3 still can kick @$$
If you're going to get pentium 3 performance than you mind as well get a used laptop, preferrably a T20-23...

Back