Problems with AA in TF2?

• Nope. AA FTW!!!!!

Votes: 56 87.5%
  • Yes, AA = crash. me so sad :(

Votes: 8 12.5%

• Total voters

LawGiver

2[H]4U
Really? Thats great cuz I cant. I think its more of an ATI problem. Please post if your can use 4xaa or more in tf2 without any issues. thx.

EVGA 8800 GTS 320mb, runs 4xAA perfect... 8xAF...

those were the auto-detected settings by Valve too, it was maxed out when I booted up TF2... correct resolution and everything :D (1920 x 1200)

Had a crash problem with 162.22 drivers, no issues since updating to 163.69.

X1950Pro, 4x or 6x AA works fine, settings recommended by Valve. I had the looping sound crash for a bit, and part of what I did was upgrading to the 7.9 drivers. Don't know if that helped on AA (don't think it mattered).

AA is working great for me, game looks awesome too!

Not sure if its running 6x (or 8x since nvidia does 2-4-8?) or 16x (HL2 is forced to that), as the game says HL2 and even fraps saves stuff as "HL2 XXXXXX".

great stuff so far. if ANYONE with an nvidia cards having problems with AA and crashing pls post here. i might go nivida sooner than i thought...

GTX here, game is running beautifully at 16xaa,16xaf @1920x1200 everything maxed. Never any slowdowns, and seems to be running at at least 60fps (never measured it, but I never notice any lag or slowdown, ever).

Fine here, not sure what I have it set at right now though...I think 4x.

can't remember what AA setting I have, it's one of the middle ones in the dropdown list.

16XCSAA 8800GTX

I truthfully don't know what CSAA is but it is the highest setting so....lol

EVGA 8800 GTS 320mb ---

I set resolution to 800 x 600 and turned off all advanced video settings... then I was able to play without crashing.

Yep.. no problems with my GTS 320mb.

I do have the quicksave problem in Episode 1... good thing TF2 doesn't save.

i screwed up the poll i voted wrong

I have no problems with TF2 i have a E4300 @3.3ghz and OCZ reapers 9200 @1103mhz
8800 GTS 640mb playing the game with everything maxed out AA on 8x CSAA 1920x1200
24inch LCD

Specs in the sig. I run the game maxed at 1920x1200 and 4xMSAA without issue. Framerate is usually well above 60 but I haven't messed with turning more AA on since I really don't notice it in the game due to the art direction.

gosh im in the minority it seems this sucks although there was a thread on steam forums where tons of 2900 owners had same issue to maybe ill get a 8800 now.

gosh im in the minority it seems this sucks although there was a thread on steam forums where tons of 2900 owners had same issue to maybe ill get a 8800 now.

If you do, make sure to get evga if you want to have a chance at stepping up to the new cards if they are high end come Nov/Dec.

Opty 175, 2 gigs ram, x1900xt, 1280x1024, 4x adaptive aa, 16x hq af, all other graphics settings maxed, 5.1 Audigy2 sound.. Aside from an initial stutter when spawning the very first time on a map, and having to manually refresh the server list when I first start the game, I am having no issues with the game..

did valve issue an update after the 23rd? cuz i just spent an hour playing with 4xaa 16af and it OH SO nice not seeing jaggies and have real filtering. :D:confused:

LG -

I told you above that I was using 4AA with no probs but I guess you didn't believe it. :confused: Now you do.

i just turned on FULL HDR too, lol. wtf valve and ur funny code. god i dont care im an eye candy whore TF2 just became 100000000000000+ more fun with AA+HDR. i was gonna sell my 2900 but not anymore.

i just turned on FULL HDR too, lol. wtf valve and ur funny code. god i dont care im an eye candy whore TF2 just became 100000000000000+ more fun with AA+HDR. i was gonna sell my 2900 but not anymore.

"Oh ye of little faith..." :notworthy:

You must be an eye-candy slut, coz whores get paid. :D

just upped it to 8xaa 16xaf max everything else and avg 100 fps indoors and around 70 fps outdoors. in this game i can def tell diff between 4xaa and 8xaa. and god this game is fun, almost as fun as tribes....well nothing will ever touch tribes but this is still better than anything released in the past 3 years. ill probably keep my 2900 XT for a few years now. :D

No problems for me and loving it.
4x AA
16xAF
1680x1050
latest drivers

use net_graph 3 from the console

Sidenote: ram has a sweet spot at 833, 909 and 1000 (with proper cooling)

Because the thread title said "can you use AA without issue" I voted "yes" - I had to ignore all the "FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" sort of stuff because it was offending me.

However, because the poll's question is different to the thread title's, I meant to vote "no".

Because the thread title said "can you use AA without issue" I voted "yes" - I had to ignore all the "FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" sort of stuff because it was offending me.

However, because the poll's question is different to the thread title's, I meant to vote "no".

WOW. heres a suggestion to ya, dont ever work for the postal service. but yeah i messed up the poll, sorry.

Back