• 6 X 120 fans
  • EIZO 24 LCD Monitor
  • Plus various USB stuff

Have two main options:
APC Line-Interactive Sine wave Smart-UPS 750VA
Advice(Local Brand) Line-Interactive Simulated Sine wave 1200VA

!!!PLEASE HELP ME!!!

---

Well my advice would be to go for the APC since its sine-wave and not simulated. However if your are looking for the longest run-time possible and are confident you can get replacement batteries for the local brand and with its warranty you can go that route too.

That being said some people on google have said the Advice units are prone to fail and take out monitors too.

http://oss.sgi.com/LDP/HOWTO/UPS-HOWTO-8.html

APC has a good reputation and customer service to back it up. I had my 2 year old APC 550V battery shit out last year for no reason and I was so pleading with the guy on the phone, he sent me a replacement battery 2 day Air and a return label so I didn't have to pay return shipping! ;)

u got it.

load-1.jpg

^ Love to have the LCD screen models, but I can't justify spending the money for one

Just bought this...
9307797_sa.jpg

my sig-rig plus speakers and a few other things plugged into it with my system at full load draws like 380w.

Just bought this...

SNIP

my sig-rig plus speakers and a few other things plugged into it with my system at full load draws like 380w.

lol that must be the newer version of my model. i just got mine in oct 08

We've been selling the new APC models for a few months now, they are very nice. Currently running 4 XS 1300's in the house.

Too bad the XS series are simulated sine wave

Between them and CyberPower, I'm not sure if the APC is worth the price difference. Maybe for the extra outlets though on the XS. I dig the CyberPower CP1285AVRLCD I have at the moment.

Last edited:
You can find some good deals on APC's outlet: http://buy.apc.com/commerce/storefronts/etail/folanding.aspx?storefrontcode=apcfs&countrycode=us

SDMorris, nice XS1300... I haven't seen the new one's yet.

Thanks.. im liking it a lot. The powerchute software that comes with it is also really handy. Im glad I bought it I knew I needed one and then my previous.. well I cant even call it a UPS.. more like my previous Surge protector took a crap like last week. But this thing is awesome, I feel comfortable that my system is safe now :)

Funny, I've always had exceptional customer service with APC. *shrugs*

Thread Revival.

I want a UPS sub $200 for my PC and Monitor (40" LCD TV). I'm wondering if any of these units make noise. My PC is in my bedroom and I am annoyed by humming from speakers, chargers, or other electronics at night.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Question about UPS and power supplies. If you've got a 1050w psu umm what UPS is sufficient for that? How about for a 750w?

Question about UPS and power supplies. If you've got a 1050w psu umm what UPS is sufficient for that? How about for a 750w?

Your PSU only draws as much power as your system needs.

So the real question is how much power does your system use and how long you want to power it & other components after the lights go out?

Last edited:
They have wattage ratings...you want to use about 60% of the ratings, so for a 600 watt load, you'd want a 1,000 watt UPS. The power supply rating, in general doesn't matter; measure or add up the actual or expected load.

PS, overloaded UPS's will not work..........

Back