Can't decide which case

Dracul

Gawd
ok, so since my server gets 3 more hard drive this week to total 7 hard drives, i'm thinking i may need to change cases, but not sure.. so here it goes..

right now the comp is just in a standard black aluminum case (not very roomy) with 4 sata drives on the bottom with 2 80mm fans blowing directly on them, and 1 80mm fan out the back. with the addition of the new drives they would be in the 5.25 bays with no air blowing on them

regardless of the case the 3 new drives are going to be mounted in the 5.25 bays (and i'm not using hd coolers)

the other case i thinking of using, is the case my old server is in, it is a server case (so much roomier) that has 1 120mm fan up front and 2 120mm fans blowin out the back. the 4 sata hard drives on this case would mount above the fan in the 3.5" cage which is inline with the bottom fan in the back and the other 3 drives in the 5.25 bays which are inline with 1 of the back 120mm fans and if i took out the front drive bay covers it would probably pull air through the openings

so basically which case should i use?

I am just curious, but how would you mount your hdds in the 5.25 bays?

they make mounting rails that screw to the side of the hard drives then screw to the case..

i think i might have to go with the server case just due to the fact that at least with it i have some sort of fan pulling air through the drives.. and with the black 1 just have dead air around the top 3 drives..

Why not just get a CM Stacker? Original or extra crispy, they're both basically the same. You can mount 5 drives in a 3 x 5 1/4" bay cube, so you could expand up to 20 HDs if you really needed to, provided you relocate the power/reset/activity LEDs.

while that case is extremely sweet and perfect for what i want to do, it just doesn't make sense to me to spend 150 on a new case when i have 2 possiblilties available for free.

Ah, my bad. Didn't read all the way through. I'd say, put 'er in the server case. Makes sense, right? Then you can mod that aluminum case up and post pics. :D

Back