Can't flash card, A: Drive acting crazy...

Sanctuary

Weaksauce
I don't know what is going on, but ever since I did my latest Windows installation (just three nights ago) my floppy drive has been going crazy. It will now sit there and try to access every 5 seconds or so for no apparent reason. It's like it's trying to access each time my hard drive does, and I've tried to see if there is an IRQ conflict, but cannot find any. So the only thing I could do was either unplug it or diable it through the hardware manager, which I did. I ended up having to enable it simply to try and flash my cards bios.

So I have an Evga 8800gts "Superclocked" that came with the incorrect bios. So one of the support guys emails me N825.ex_, which is supposed to be the correct bios. When using both Nvflash 5.1 and 5.4 I get "must be a .rom or .nvr file". So then I tried renaming to both N825.rom and N825.nvr but get "I/O error cannot open N825.whatever". Did I get an incorrect Bios, or am I just screwing somethign up with Nvflash? I've flashed bioses plenty in the past and have never had such issues with it. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

I don't know what is going on, but ever since I did my latest Windows installation (just three nights ago) my floppy drive has been going crazy. It will now sit there and try to access every 5 seconds or so for no apparent reason. It's like it's trying to access each time my hard drive does, and I've tried to see if there is an IRQ conflict, but cannot find any. So the only thing I could do was either unplug it or diable it through the hardware manager, which I did. I ended up having to enable it simply to try and flash my cards bios.

So I have an Evga 8800gts "Superclocked" that came with the incorrect bios. So one of the support guys emails me N825.ex_, which is supposed to be the correct bios. When using both Nvflash 5.1 and 5.4 I get "must be a .rom or .nvr file". So then I tried renaming to both N825.rom and N825.nvr but get "I/O error cannot open N825.whatever". Did I get an incorrect Bios, or am I just screwing somethign up with Nvflash? I've flashed bioses plenty in the past and have never had such issues with it. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Rename the N825.ex_ to N825.exe and see if you can run it, it's probably a self extracting archive that he renamed in order to bypass any mail clients or email scanners that might block it. If so when you run it you'll have the .rom or .bin file you need.

Also, if you use the Win32 version of nvflash.exe you don't need a bootable floppy diskette - you can flash directly from Windows.

Back