Cant use 480p for Wii

discochan

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got my React Component Cables for the Wii and when I switch over to 480p the whole screen just goes small and green.

I can see things fine but everything is just shades of green and black. I have a HDTV, anyone else have this problem?

are you sure the cables are plugged in correctly?

what tv are you using it on?

Definitely make sure they are plugged into the right spots... and it might just be the cables...

I had a bad set of component cables and it gave me a color issue...

I will almost guarantee you that you have the red video plugged in where the red audio goes, and vice versa

I cant plug in the cables wrong. The TV doesnt have any audio outputs I use. I checked the color coding and its right. The system works fine in 480i mode but not 480p :confused:

Take back the cables... otherwise, plug in one red cable, try it in 480p, if the problem persists, try the other. If still no change, I'd go with bad cables, BTW what type of TV is it?

It is capable of 480p, correct? Some older HDTV's can have 1 HD capable set of components, and then a regular set. Philips being the main culprit of that for a time.

I've never seen a standard HDTV that didn't have audio inputs for the components tho, thats perplexing

Again - what TV are you USING?

And have you tried new firmware?

If he had the red audio cable plugged into the red component spot, he would have display problems even withOUT running 480p.

If the display is fine in 480i, but not in 480p, then it's the TV that cant do progressive scan, not the cables or how it's hooked up.

Sabre said:
If he had the red audio cable plugged into the red component spot, he would have display problems even withOUT running 480p.

If the display is fine in 480i, but not in 480p, then it's the TV that cant do progressive scan, not the cables or how it's hooked up.
Duh, GAWD I'm an idiot. And now that Sabre has made that point painfully obvious, I'd like to ask how did the TV look when you had it in 480i? Greenish? or Black and White-ish?

If the answer is no, it points to something else being wrong somewhere. I'll echo the firmware updates, and I'd still like to know what kind of TV you are sporting...

The TV I am using is a Pioneer Elite Plasma that is fully capable of doing HDTV.

I'm pretty sure the cables work because the Wii works fine in 480i just not 480p. Maybe its my Wii?

Back