Case Fan Question

mocs2782

n00b
I have (as the title explains) a question about case fans. Right now there are 80mm fans in my case. Is it possible to fit 120mm/bigger than 80mm fans in it? How?

Well, it depends on the case, and how its designed. I was able to change an 80mm mount in the back of my case into a 120mm by drilling more holes at the correct spot to put screws, and clear out the new area of the fan. Was my first real change in my case, think I have an image somewhere if you're interested. Aside from that, you can always use a dremel or something similar to cut out a larger area for 120mm.. Unless you have a very small case, that is.

Well, my case has a metal frame that can be taken off the back. Is it possible to get a new one of these that will fit a 120mm fan?

Case is a CoolerMaster Praetorian.

Looking at the back of that case, it doesnt look like there is any room for a 120 in it. A 92 would probably be a tight squeeze. I could be wrong, however.. But if you could find a fan that would fit, I would think probably just use your prefered method to make the back hole larger and use a drill to put the new mounting holes..

Back