Case suggestions?

I'm gonna be putting together a new Core i7 build soon and need an opinion on some cases if you guys don't mind sharing.

At the moment I have an Antec Sonata3 and the one thing I really hate about it, is that having the 3870x2 in there, it's rediculously close to the hard drives. getting them in and out is a pain. In the new build I'll be going with a single 4870x2, so it would definitely still be an issue. Which case do you think has a good amount of room to work with? Or at least, have the hard drives maybe on the bottom of the case?

I was looking at the Antec 900 and 1200. Do you guys think I need to go full tower, or will the 900 be a good amount of room? Was also looking at the thermaltake armor series, but I think that may be too much for me.

Also do you think I should go with someone with a side panel fan to get some cool air at the vid card?

Thanks in advance.

I have a 1200 and I'm very happy. It's got a fan both from the front and from the side blowing at my graphics card, and the harddrive cages with room for totally 9 harddrives can be access from the front without any need of doing anything in the case except disconnecting the SATA and power-connectors from the discs. Also dust filters on all intake fans. I can really recommend it. The only con is the window which I don't like. In the near future I will probably cut out a better looking window.

Back