Cat 9.7 not working on XP64

discochan

[H]ard|Gawd
Thanks for the help guys. I just recently upgraded the old work horse. I added new ram, cpu, power supply and mobo. The specs are in my sig.

Everything seems to go fine with drivers until I install the latest Cat drivers. Once they install the computer resets, I see the windows logo, and then the screen goes blank with the monitor power light flashing.

What is going on? Is it a driver issue with XP64? Can I fix this without reformatting and install again?

you should be able to boot into safemode to delete the ATI drivers.. but thats odd.. you might want to shoot by ATI's forum and ask in there.. though i wouldnt expect any intelligent answers there but who knows maybe they will throw some idea's out that i cant currently think of right now..

I am running that os and driver and it works here. Maybe the install went bad. Should go into safe mode like the other guy said and just delete them and reinstall again. Make sure the hrz isn't set too high under monitor options and all that.

9.7 was a POS for me on both Vista x64 and 7 x64. Very unstable. 9.5 has been the best release for me this year. But the 9.8 will be out by Monday, if not leaked sooner. Don't know how good they will be.

Crap I tried Cat 9.8 and the same things happens. When I run in safe mode everything works so I know the vid card is okay. What the heck is going on??

Man as it turns out one of my monitors was broken. Once I unplugged it from the vid card the other one worked. Glad things are working...sad primary monitor is broken

Back