Catalyst 4.8 will not install over SP2

ZenOps

2[H]4U
Just thought someone might save some time by mentioning:

I've tried doing a fresh install of XP and updated straight to Service Pack 2, only to find that the Catalyst 4.8's absolutely need SP1 to install. It wont install on a fresh XP nor SP2.

Well that's not what i've experienced cause I have SP2 and I installed the 4.8s just fine. I think sp2 came with new basic radeon drivers so it might by worth it to try running driver cleaner in safe mode to clean them out before installing the 4.8s.

Worked fine on my secondary rig - I have SP2 and moved from the beta 4.9s to the WHQL'd 4.8s.... used driver cleaner to remove all ATI driver remnants beforehand - maybe give that a shot?

Very strange, tried a different system and it worked there. Maybe just some bad hardware or a Fat virus or something... Ignore what I said above.

ZenOps said:
Very strange, tried a different system and it worked there. Maybe just some bad hardware or a Fat virus or something... Ignore what I said above.

Heh, interesting.....what do you mean by "it wouldn't install".....I'm curious now just because that is really interesting, no matter how much of a fluke it might have been. :p

Shane said:
sure it will...installed on my system no problem.

As he said, he's got it working fine on another system, you COULD just read the thread before ya post....and you would have seen that. ;)

No hard feelings, but yeah, I still AM curious to know just what happened when It "didn't work" that one time. :p

Back