cheapy headphones with a nice warranty...

Mayhs

2[H]4U
i want to buy some headphones worth around $60 with w/ 1 year warranty minimum...im going to use them for my N91 so theyre going to obviously going to be victim to a lot of strain

i was borrowing my friends sennheisers (dno how to spell it) they were big ones that covered ur ears and the sound quality going from standard heaphones to those were immense...and seeing as the N91's have the best sound quality i think they deserve gd headphones

ive already broken my standard heaphones so id like these headphones to be nice and durable...oh im also going to be using them for listening to music on my computer :D and i dont have an amp or nothing fancy like that so keep that in mind

Thnx
Mayhs

mmm that n91 is pretty impressive looking, too bad talk time is only rated for 4 hours which means you will get like 3 out if it if you are lucky.

would you like the kinds that cover your whole ear? or would you like something smaller for walking around?

sennheiser does make really good headphones, but you may also want to consider grado (they look kind of wierd, but the sound is really nice)

smaller ones so i dont look like a frog :p

i get 4 days with about 20 hours of music and 30 photos and 20 mins of videos and around 2 hours on the phone with about 20 texts...(the secret is 16 hours firct charge and only recharge when full discharged and do it to the max 5 times...its a 900mah battery :D - better than my n80 )

(i lost all my contacts so i need to wait till i go back to skwl before i get them back lol)

yeh so a nice pair...i need a good warranty tho plz

thnx yeh i was after some like them...and they have 2 year warranty...anyone used a sen warranty? and any other options?

thnx people

edit: what about the cx300-s?

Mayhs said:
thnx but i want the type that arent like that...i dno how to explain it but i want ones that are like normal headphones like the ipod ones...

and whats the warranty on the sens?

sorry I just have to say lol to the ibud comment...

roffles

k, now onto serious business.

You want buds/canalphones/iems? Well, for 60 dollars you won't find much. And by the way you're asking for advice, you're part of the iZombie crowd. (since you assume that buds are normal even though headphones originated as over the head "huge headphones that go over your ears") You'll be fine buying the cheapest headphones you find. It'll save you money since you really won't hear the difference at such low price levels.

I say ignorance is bliss, don't buy into high quality headphones!

/get ksc75s
//they aren't buds or canalphones
///they are clip ons
////they are the best bang for the buck under 60
/////on amazon, they're 15 dollars

FooTemps said:
sorry I just have to say lol to the ibud comment...

roffles

k, now onto serious business.

You want buds/canalphones/iems? Well, for 60 dollars you won't find much. And by the way you're asking for advice, you're part of the iZombie crowd. (since you assume that buds are normal even though headphones originated as over the head "huge headphones that go over your ears") You'll be fine buying the cheapest headphones you find. It'll save you money since you really won't hear the difference at such low price levels.

I say ignorance is bliss, don't buy into high quality headphones!

/get ksc75s
//they aren't buds or canalphones
///they are clip ons
////they are the best bang for the buck under 60
/////on amazon, they're 15 dollars

was that a sarcastic attempt to annoy me or were u being helpful? sry i couldnt differentiate between when one stopped and one started...

i can hear the difference when i have sens on in comparison to my current headphones...ill ask my friend the model and show u... the difference was more than noticeable

and im sry im not familiar with ear piece terminology but i generally call them headphones no matter whether theyre in ur ear or the other types whatever they are but thnx for enlightening me...and im not part of the izombie...because i own one that doesnt make me a one, and i said i wanted buds because i need some headphones for when im out and about and i dont want to carry huge headphones and i want to be able to hear the traffic/people when im outside

and before u ask the main reason i want a good warranty is so incase they get damaged i want them to be replaced (my current ones got broken by my baby cousin)...and i do not have a budget, i can buy the most expensive ones if i wish too, but my parents pay for everything and i would not like to waste their money, because they have already done so much for me and bought me so much...

and dont u think any headphones would be better than my current standard nokia N91 ones?

Thnx for the help tho

Mayhs

edit: forgot my manners :)

lol, sorry it was blurry between where I was kidding and where I was serious.

I really reccomend the ksc75 for the "best bang for the buck" category. They go from 15 to 25 dollars and they sound comparible to if not better than 50 dollar headphones. They are clip ons which means they are still portable and wouldn't look silly. They also are open so you can still hear the outside world. The ksc75 is a great candidate for your portable system IMO.

thnx but i cant seem to find them anywhere...not even on froogle...and are they really better than $60 sens?

Mayhs said:
thnx but i cant seem to find them anywhere...not even on froogle...and are they really better than $60 sens?

No but they do have a life time warranty.

http://www.koss.com/

Receive 10% off your total purchase next time you
shop on Koss.com.
Just enter coupon code JM10 at checkout. ;)

Edit: they are still cheaper @ provantage

When you say headphone and warranty I automatically think Koss. The A130 and the KSC line are amazing, but don't meet your requirement for "buds".

In that case, I suggest the Panasonic HJE50s or Sharp MD33s or Sony EX51/71. I use the Pannys and are happy with them.

There's also the Altec Lansing iM716 which are pretty much Ety ER6i's but cheaper and possibly better =)

//edit: To answer the question if the KSC75s are better than the $60 senns, most likely. However, they are clip ons and open... so you have to weigh the advantages and disadvantages.

that for all your help...but id prefer not to have clip-ons...

so what would u say are the BEST buds? for $60...and if there is an amazing one slightly higher priced then please tell me which u think is the best bang for buck :)

Mayhs said:
that for all your help...but id prefer not to have clip-ons...

so what would u say are the BEST buds? for $60...and if there is an amazing one slightly higher priced then please tell me which u think is the best bang for buck :)

I am not very familiar with Shures but people love them. They make ear bud style headphones that are from what I hear to be the best. They make them from 100 dollars up thru 300 dollars.

http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/Products/Earphones/GamingEdition/index.htm

http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/Products/Earphones/ESeries/index.htm

Hope that helps.

Edit: by the way, I own some Sennheiser HD497 headphones as well have listened to HD202's and both of these I am very impressed. Sennheiser is (I am convinced) the best large headphone maker out there. I have never listened to their ear buds though.

O I own and owned these headphones....

HD485 ( the kind that makes you look like a frog.. lol )

Koss KSC-75- I modded it because it was so cheap $$$ and broke it. STUPID ME. :mad:

Panasonic HJE50

Sony MDR-XD400

Sennheiser HD485 obviously sound the best for me, warm, impactful bass, and just damn comfortable. I paid $65

Koss KSC-75 sound isn't as full as the sennie's... but DAMN CLOSE. Won't go as loud as the sennheisers on extreme volume before distorting, but only crazy people like me do that and now I have a bad ear. I paid $20

Panasonic wonderful upgrade over stock Ipod headphones, everything is better, bass is cleaner and actually exist, doesnt sound as good as the Koss because it is not as "FUN" sounding.

Sony XD400- This thing cost $100 bucks at bestbuy but you can probbaly get it for less online for around $60. I prefer this over the Koss and sometimes the Koss over this. Soundstage is bigger on these than the Koss, bass is much more accurate, midrange is about the same but has thier own sound signature. This baby is pretty balanced after around 50 hours of burn-in.

BTW I am getting rid of the panasonic and sony if anyone's interested :)

Also had the Sennheiser HD202's. bass was overwhelming sometimes, midrange is kind of overpowered by the bass and treble sounds decent though . Comfort was so and so, I would recommend the Koss over this.

thnx for the replys ill check out all of them headphones...how much are u selling ur panasonics for? :p

I'll probbaly give them away for $14 shipped since the rubber around the wire has a tiny tear on it that can be covered up to make it look new again with a black piece of tape.

Comes with the wire extension, 3 sets of different sized ear rubbers, and a little bag to carry them. I sold my Ipod so I dont need these anymore. And they isolate quite a bit, specially on the bus, these helps out.

I am not sure but I searched these on the web and it came up 1 year full manufacture warranty. I had it for about 6 months so you should have half a year left. I doubt it is going to break or anything anyways and I am letting them go really cheap so it doesn't matter :) I can have pics too if you're interested still.

ill think about it :) but i might just go get some sens...i can get them really cheap from my friend...but thnx a lot for ur help :)

Back