Chibi Robo

My girlfriend keeps getting glued to the gamecube everytime we go to gamestop because she likes the chibi robo game. I'm curious what people, for whom this type of game apeals to, think of it. Personally I don't really get it, but she seems to have a blast going around with the "cute" robot cleaning stuff and shooting bugs or whatever it is. The game is new and is still $50 dollars so I want to know if it's worth the money because I was going to buy it for her. Is it a long game?

It takes double the time most of today's games certainly do (about 15-20 hours worth of stuff to do, compared to 5-8 hour games like Prey and CoD2) and is one of the gems that has been ignored on the Gamecube, despite the fact that it doesn't have the best graphics or anything. Definately worth a purchase, even if you wait a couple months for the $30 pricepoint.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/685/685694p1.html
That review says it all.

vortexpud said:
It takes double the time most of today's games certainly do (about 15-20 hours worth of stuff to do, compared to 5-8 hour games like Prey and CoD2) and is one of the gems that has been ignored on the Gamecube, despite the fact that it doesn't have the best graphics or anything. Definately worth a purchase, even if you wait a couple months for the $30 pricepoint.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/685/685694p1.html
That review says it all.
Thanks. I read that review before I posted, but I was just looking for some second opinions. I like the fact that it said 15 hours, but I didn't know if some other people had any other experience, or if the game gets old or repetatively boring. I don't think she will notice anything about the graphics at all, she just thought it was fun.

fun eh? strange concept.

i tried playing at a walmart i saw it set up at, but the setup is like this

|/
|
|
|
|-¤
|

after about 10 mins my neck was very unhappy with me

Martyr said:
fun eh? strange concept.

i tried playing at a walmart i saw it set up at, but the setup is like this

|/
|
|
|
|-¤
|

after about 10 mins my neck was very unhappy with me
lol @ walmart

I don't even try and play games there anymore. They are designed for the height of a 6 year old and the neck of a giraffe

I was really drawn to this game. I like games where it feels like I'm "taking care of business" and yes, oddly enough, running around with a little robot cleaning things and making people happy seemed fun. And it was. For a day.

I got bored of it in less than a week. I would rent it for her before you buy it.

I have the same issue with my wife.

Your girl wouldn't happen to be a virgo would she?

BTW as far as I know they're releasing a version on the DS as well. I'll probably pick it up for the wifey.

Heh, this reminds me of how my mom played so much Pikmin 2 and Katamari Damacy back in the day... before she beat all of those games. Like eighteen times.

"I JUST WANT TO PLAY DRAGON QUEST VIII FOR CRIPES SAKES!!" I would say, but to no avail. On the weekends it was worse, the TV was emitting pikmin sounds for like six hours straight.

My girlfriend loves it. Since she isn't the greatest at platformers, she's put atleast 20 hours into it, but has most of the quests finished.

Back