Clear iSpot $20, $25/month

JohnleMVP

Supreme [H]ardness
Today only Clear.com has the iSpot 4G for $20 (reg $99). $25/month for 4g Service. No contract.
Can connect up to 8 Apple devices. Mac Address locked. Can be jailbroken through a simple website exploit though (google it).

https://www.clear.com/holiday-sale

Does anyone use one of these in the Boston area? If so, how good is the speed/coverage?

Does this work with non apple devices? Or do we have to get the regular Spot for that?

Does this work with non apple devices? Or do we have to get the regular Spot for that?

I could be wrong but from the little bit of reading I did, I understand that the clients are restricted by MAC address, if your client hardware can spoof MAC addresses then you would be able to spoof an address that would appear valid to the ispot. Jailbreaking it as mentioned in the OP would remove this restriction and allow any device to connect.

I passed it up the last time it was $29 since they had no coverage in Los Angeles... but they've done a good job expanding coverage. Going to give it a whirl (with jailbreak of course ;) ) and see how it goes.

How do you get the $25 plan and the $20 device price? When I click "View Details", it takes me to a selection of "Packages" that start at ~$50/month.

Definitely want to jump on this...

Edit: Apparently their system is a bit screwey, or they've oversold in Houston: using my own address, I get bumped to the stupid "packages" screen. I was able to get the deal by giving them the address of the Brooklyn Public Library as my primary service location instead. :D

Last edited:
Back