Codemasters overhauls engines for DX11

Good for AMD. Hope they'll be able to bring the fight to Nvidia with DX11 in terms of supporting the developers.

I hope Codemasters does a better job than EA did for DX10. :p Of course they will.

interesting note of the developer who jumped ship. Alot of us out here realize if they dont tighten up the drivers, it could leave some doubt. They(amd/ati) know it, and hopefully are striving to be as sharp as they can be. Im looking forward to some fierce competition between the gpu companies as we as consumers hopefully get the benefits.

This is good news, i really hope amd/ati can pull out a really competitive product (i'm sure they will).

This is actually quite major. The first hardware maker with dx 11 hardware out, will have most dev's working on it, so it will tend to run well on that hardware.

That was one of the major advantage the 8800gtx had in the early dx10 games, it was the only dx10 hardware to dev for.

That was also a big advantage of the Radeon 9700, most early dx9 era games were started on that platform.

Back