Computer won't Boot at all....Gigabyte new mobo

avnos

n00b
Hi hard forums, just finished helping my brother put his computer together.

The mother board is a gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L/S3L.

The problem is once we power up, there is no display on the monitor and the computer "seems" like its on and running (fans are working cd-rom drive lights up) but there is no start up beep and also after about 15-20 seconds the computer powers down on its own.

2 sticks of DDR2 ram are in slots 1+3. Running an 8800GT brand new out of the box, and also a E6400 processor w/ stock cooling. Any clue what could be causing this? (I have tried reseating the gfx card, + the ram sticks USED to be in slots 2/4.

Thanks for any help.

First it would help if you also gave us what other hardware you are using.

Number two, I suggest you do a stripped down build outside of the case with only the motherboard, 1 stick of memory, cpu and vid. card. Once you get that to POST then you can enter your BIOS and set your voltages, timings and any other relevant settings for your specific hardware.

Once you get that accomplished you can do your final build inside of the case, connect the rest of your hardware and do your cable routing.

First it would help if you also gave us what other hardware you are using.

Number two, I suggest you do a stripped down build outside of the case with only the motherboard, 1 stick of memory, cpu and vid. card. Once you get that to POST then you can enter your BIOS and set your voltages, timings and any other relevant settings for your specific hardware.

Once you get that accomplished you can do your final build inside of the case, connect the rest of your hardware and do your cable routing.

Hi thank you for offering help in this thread,
This is all the hardware I'm using, listed in the first post aside from the power supply (dont know the brand name but its a 700 watt. All other peripherals are on the motherboard (sound/lan etc)........ Only things plugged into the mobo at the moment are the 2 ram sticks ( dont know brand he bought them used from a friend), E6400, EVGA 8800GT, samsung cdrom drive, 80g seagate sata drive.

I had that happen with several Gigabyte P965-DS3 motherboards. Power up and then shut down. The CPU fan may or may not turn a few times. Provided the CPU and power connectors are ok as well as fan connectors, the solution was to get into the BIOS and change the fan settings to PWM or Intel-QST settings then cold reboot and all would be well. Also disable the CPU Fan Failure warning.

What is the PSU you are using? Oh never mind, you found what it is already.

Back