Confused?

Sparky1

n00b
Hey Hardforum new to the forum just wanted to know becuase Im real confused which video card to get a Radeon X800PRO or a Geforce 6800GT are they almost Identical as in benchmarks, I just want something to last and to play all my games at good performance, I play everything Call of Duty, DOOM3, Far Cry, CS, Battlefield, etc I just dont know which performs better thanks Hardforum.

GT, OCs better, SM3, on-chip video, FP32, OpenXDR. Plus they are on a new macrotecture, so there's alot of performance to be squeezed out of them.

The Batman said:
GT, OCs better, SM3, on-chip video, FP32, OpenXDR. Plus they are on a new macrotecture, so there's alot of performance to be squeezed out of them.
agree, seem both side by side in action at a recent lan party. though im a current ati owner, the 6800GT has me considering going back to nvidia.

sounds like the Geforce 6800GT is the way to go then any other thoughts? Thanks for the replies.

Yeah...do a forum search...there are at least a couple of hundred threads arguing which is the better card...lots of reading and info. for ya ;)

As for me personally...I'd get the GT...much better card, imo.

ehZn said:
GT. Also try writing in sentences, not run ons :D

Another vote for the GT...and ehZn, if you're going to correct grammar you might not want to end your sentences with prepositions.

I posted a detailed run-down of the x800 vs the 6800 here

^eMpTy^ said:
Another vote for the GT...and ehZn, if you're going to correct grammar you might not want to end your sentences with prepositions.

I posted a detailed run-down of the x800 vs the 6800 here

Actually, I just forgot the hyphen. It should be run-ons, which is a noun, not a preposition :p

ehZn said:
Actually, I just forgot the hyphen. It should be run-ons, which is a noun, not a preposition :p

I know.

You also forgot the period.

I just love the fact that, as written, it was a preposition. Even though I knew that wasn't how you meant it, there's something irresistably trite and obnoxious about ending a sentence with a preposition.

I couldn't resist.

Sparky1 said:
thanks for all the responses guys 6800GT is the way to go thanks.

Don't forget to thank ehzn and empty for the free grammer lessons.

We'd all end up like rappers if it wasn't for people like them.
:D

The Batman said:
Don't forget to thank ehzn and empty for the free grammer lessons.

We'd all end up like rappers if it wasn't for people like them.
:D

Damn straight, all y'all bad grammar kiddies and whatnot. RAWR!

Back