Contract up: Where do I find a smart phone w/o data plan?

Satummoo

Limp Gawd
Currently, I'm running my nokia n95 (which is for sale btw) on AT&T. My contract is up and I really want to switch out because I purposely think they add in charges and hope you don't notice, and the service has gotten bad the past 2 months.

I used to have a blackjack II which I bought unlocked awhile ago and really miss having a keyboard. I would like something either with a touchscreen or keyboard with wifi, but w/o a data plan. The problem is it's very difficult to find a phone like this unless I buy one unlocked.

If any of you guys can recommend a service let me know. I need a family plan for 3, only 2 lines text (wife and I). We both however want "fun phones"

Unlocked is the only way to get a true smart phone with no data plan. Any nokia N or E series.

On the cheap <$200 go with a E51 or E63
Medium 200-400 go with E71 or even better E72 or a E52/E55 when they are released for ATT 3G
Highend: N900 (I got to play with this for an hour the other day and it is amazing.)

I currently have verizon and have a family plan and dont have a data plan on my Q my parents just have normal phones and has worked fine for the last two years.

We are currently about to update and have heard that you may need to get a data plan to use any smart phone is what someone resonantly told me on here when we are looking to upgrade

if you're buying unlocked, t-mobile's even more plus plans are a really good deal.. check em out

I currently have verizon and have a family plan and dont have a data plan on my Q my parents just have normal phones and has worked fine for the last two years.

We are currently about to update and have heard that you may need to get a data plan to use any smart phone is what someone resonantly told me on here when we are looking to upgrade

I hate to be a grammar nazi, but I literally had to read that three times to figure out what it said.

Back to the original topic though.....Like others have said, the only way you can really get a smartphone w/o data these days is to get an unlocked one. If you're lucky, you may find a sales rep somewhere that is willing to disable your data and still sell you the phone. I wouldn't count on that though.

If you're lucky, you may find a sales rep somewhere that is willing to disable your data and still sell you the phone. I wouldn't count on that though.

Doesnt matter, ATT is doing sweeps to put on data plans on phones that are PDA bought after a certain date. Honestly they will prob never notice your phone (as long it is it NOT iphone or BB) but why take the risk.

Pretty much the only way to avoid a data plan and get a smart phone is to buy an unlocked phone.

I see this question being asked all the time, everywhere. If you want fun phones, just pony up the 30 bucks a month and join the club. A smart phone isn't very smart anyway when you don't have the data plan to go with it.

Ebay or check the forums here for a used one. I just sold my old WinMo phone for $60 to an [H] member.

I'm using a G1 without a data plan. Even got it from T-Mobile for $179 about a year or so ago. Just dropped the data plan after a few days and they didn't even charge me for it. The phone is a little slow but works pretty well overall through wifi.

Back