Controlling Car Pollution At The Quantum Level

HardOCP News

[H] News
Toyota is looking at research that would allow catalytic converters to control car pollution at the quantum level. Pretty interesting stuff if you are into cars.

Toyota Central R&D Labs. Inc. in Japan are involved in research to develop catalysts that are controlled at the quantum-level. With this level of control, "we can expect an extreme reduction of precious metal usage in automotive exhaust catalysts and/or fuel cells," says Dr. Yoshihide Watanabe, chief researcher at the Toyota Central R&D Labs in Japan.

I am not into cars but I do like to read about quantum physics.
So, after 100 years in existence, somebody has finally found a use for quantum physics! ;)

I am not into cars but I do like to read about quantum physics.
So, after 100 years in existence, somebody has finally found a use for quantum physics! ;)

Eventually the control of the quantum world will take us leaps and bounds beyond technology we have now. For everything.

... we've been exploiting quantum mechanics for decades.

semiconductors wouldn't exist without quantum mechanics. The band structure of solids is a purely quantum mechanical effect in origin.

Ugh... such tripe of an article "They found something that interacts at the quantum level" what the hell does that mean? Neon lights work "at the quantum level" LEDs work "at the quantum level" hell wouldn't surprise me if scotch tape works "at the quantum level"

That said, if they can make a cat.converter that cleans better, doesn't take any more power away from the engine, and is cheaper (so no fuck wits steal that shit from your car in the middle of the night and sell it to even bigger fuck wits who sight unseen pay for the stuff at a fraction of the cost at a scrap yard) then I'm all for it.

Day 1 DLC is why I haven't purchased Evolve. I may be interested in a few months when it is on Steam for $10.

Hope about a Battery powered car. LOL, that fixes emissions, but not the battery waste that need to be buried in the Nevada Desert.

These things are already a pain in the ass. If you live in a place where emissions aren't tested, you can just gut the damn things or cut them out completely and weld in a straight pipe.

(so no fuck wits steal that shit from your car in the middle of the night and sell it to even bigger fuck wits who sight unseen pay for the stuff at a fraction of the cost at a scrap yard)
This has happened a few times in the middle of the day where I work. One was recorded on camera. It took about 2 minutes with their cordless sawzall.

Back