Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower personal review.

ebeattie

Limp Gawd
Hello all. I just assembled my new PC and for the case i chose to use the Cooler Master HAF 932 full tower.

Just wanted to share my thoughts with everyone about this case.

First off, there is a ton of room in this case. having come from a thermaltake soprano mid tower, this thing could almost be lived in..... huge!

Cable management is great. lots of cut outs to run cables behind the mobo tray and out of sight. no sharp edges for cables to get frayed on and front panel/power/activity wires are long and of very durable initial quality.

tool less drive installation, hard drive cage and mounts are stupid easy to use and install. very solid and very sturdy.

3 (yes THREE) 230mm case fans (two intake, 1 exhaust) and a 140mm rear case fan. extremely quiet. I have all hard lined to my PSU and at their full RPM, very quiet.

Bottom mount PSU location stock with expandable base for super long PSUs. Can also be top mounted but will require removal of the top 230mm exhaust fan.

Bottom and top of case can accept triple 120mm fans or water cooling radiator.

Only 1 con I can think of right now and that Ill be cleaning the interior of the case alot more frequently than my old case due to its very high air flow nature. but this will keep my stuff from dusting up.

Overall, I personally am extremely pleased with it and if your looking for a new case for your next build, or simply want a better case to transfer to, the HAF 932 is a HELLA SICK full tower.

i was wondering why you hard lined the fans to the psu? is it better that way?

thanks

Yup. It's a fairly decent case. Unless you have animals that shed.

Could you please take photos of the inside, specifically the bottom where you said you could mount a radiator? Could you mount a 2x120 or 3x120 radiator on the bottom?

You could mount a 2x120 on the bottom as long as the power supply was mounted up above. The case offers the choice of either location. Of course a 3x120 can be made to fit with a little modding.
I opted to install a 2x120 up above as a personal preference. Wished I had pics to share, but sadly I am out of town for work.

You could mount a 2x120 on the bottom as long as the power supply was mounted up above. The case offers the choice of either location. Of course a 3x120 can be made to fit with a little modding.
I opted to install a 2x120 up above as a personal preference. Wished I had pics to share, but sadly I am out of town for work.
Interesting. Could you mount a 3x120 rad on top and a 2x120 rad on the bottom with the PSU in the top slot?

Sorry about the lack of a response from me, been swamped at work. will do my best get pics.

@ Thug Esquire: As far as dual radiators, I doubt that would work UNLESS you dont mind mounting a radiator on top, and one on the side door perhaps. the side door can mount 4x120mm fans when the stock 230mm is removed. Sp theoretically you could run 2 2x120mm radiators on the door slots and as suggested a 3x120mm rad with some mods on top. The PSU would most certainly have to be mounted on bottom. Very possible to do if you have enough hose length built in. If you do try to door mount, you would HAVE to run a water cooled CPU to mount radiator fans, but given that your water cooling to begin with, worrying about a tower CPU cooler likely wont be necessary.

@rustic: I honestly hardlined the fans (except of course the CPU cooling fans) due to 4 pin molex availability. Other than my DVD burner, I dont use molex 4 pins otherwise (GPU has both PCIe connectors attached and both HDDs are SATA). Additionally, the stock 230mm fans are simply beast like when it comes to moving air volume, but rather quiet at 100% speed. Not completely inaudible, but for going full blast thye sure dont make much noise at all.

Last edited:
Indeed its a great case. I just put together my new system last weekend with the HAF 932, very easy to work with.

The only thing I dislike is the clip to hold expansion cards, they don't hold them down firmly, might be a problem for heavier graphic cards. I end up removing mine.

Wish the other 2 23cm fans came with LED as well. I'll be replacing mine with CM Storm Force 200, heh

i mounted a triple radiator on the top( it goes into the 5.25 bay area, u lose the top bay area and if u use the 2nd bay it covers 1/2of the first fan on the radiator) and a double radiator on the rear out side of the case. i replaced the 140 mm fan with a 120 to make an easier install of the rear mounted radiator. just for all of us 932 users the dust cover for the 230's is available from frozencpu- part- FFi-41 $9.99 they r made for the 932 case fans in our case

The hard drive mounts feel kind of cheap and flimsy to me but I know it's plastic though, so i shouldn't expect very much. The rubber though, does absolutely nothing to stop hard drive vibration. I ended up purchasing 2 pairs of Nexus Twinblockers for the 5.25 bay to get the most active drives out of the Cooler Master's drive cage. Been working like a charm so far. Also, the laser blue power/hard drive LED's need to go. When i turn the lights off in this room, i can see a round blue circle on the wall across from the case. 15+ft away! That's how bright it is.

... just for all of us 932 users the dust cover for the 230's is available from frozencpu- part- FFi-41 $9.99 they r made for the 932 case fans in our case

this is FTW. Awesome to know. going there now.

Best case I've ever owned. It does need to be cleaned more often then other cases I've owned, but it's well worth the extra work.

I have used it in the past for a few builds, but I really prefer the atcs 840 to this case any day.

Back