Cooler Master HAF-932

I'm not wild about the dull red paint on the front fan, or the side treatment in general, but I still think the case has a certain appeal. It's got a whole "rugged, no-nonsense, industrial" kind of thing going on.

But the side really is bad. It's just too busy for me, and the little window is terrible. Should have gone with clean, monolithic lines for the sides to emphasize the case's size and give it "presence". :rolleyes:;)

I'm interested to see how well this thing performs, both in temperature and acoustics. I suspect it will find a niche at that price point, and may become quite popular if it drops another $20-40 over time.

-S

I believe the top side cutout window is for 2x120mm fans of your choice,if you so choose. with 2 fans in there either normal or led fans i think it would look decent imo.. i may pick one of these up to replace my 832 stacker, which is nice but the build quality is not quite what i had hoped, that coming from lian-li cases.. slightly loose panels, rattling that should not be there etc..

Can you get 1 x 230 mm fan,on the bottom ????
Is that a good case ? I intend to buy it.

Can you get 1 x 230 mm fan,on the bottom ????
Is that a good case ? I intend to buy it.

You can mount up to 2 120mm fans on the bottom, not a 230mm. You'll have a tough time installing those fans if you install your PSU on the bottom though. If its a smaller PSU, you can definitely fit 1 of the 120mm fans in there, the other would have to go right underneath the PSU fan though, so it would be an odd choice.

I have this case, and it is indeed very spacious and keeps everything cooled quite nicely (and silently).

You can mount up to 2 120mm fans on the bottom, not a 230mm. You'll have a tough time installing those fans if you install your PSU on the bottom though. If its a smaller PSU, you can definitely fit 1 of the 120mm fans in there, the other would have to go right underneath the PSU fan though, so it would be an odd choice.

I have this case, and it is indeed very spacious and keeps everything cooled quite nicely (and silently).

What about the 230 mm fans ? Are they loud ???
Is there a big difference between HAF 922 and HAF 932 ?
922 is cheaper,with about 45 euro,here. Would i do a good choice if i'd go for 922 instead 932 ?

922 is smaller, but not tiny... what are you going to be putting in the case? If you're going to have a large cooler, multiple video cards, or a bunch of drives in RAID, then it will be easier to keep them cool in the 932, since its a full tower... its big and roomy. If you're going to keep the stock cooler on your processor, and only run 1 video card, and only have 2-3 hard drives, the 922 will probably be plenty big enough.

I haven't used the 922 personally, but it seems to get good reviews. Its really just a matter of how much space you need/want.

As far as the 230mm fans go, you can't hear them at all. If I put my ear next to one, it is still only slightly audible. Larger fans spin slower to move the same, or more, air as a smaller fan spinning faster. Slower fan (as long as its not a piece of junk, and these are not)=less noise.

My hardware specs are :CPU Intel7 920 2,66 Ghz , 3 GB DDR3 ,Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5,
2 X Western Digital 6400 AAKS ,SoundBlaster X-FI Xtreme Gamer , Nvidia PNY GTX 285 ,DVD RW .
It's pretty hard to decide between HAF 922 and Cooler Master 690 Advanced II
CM HAF 932 is too big , i think.

I agree that the 932 is probably too big if you don't plan on adding more to your machine... the 922 would probably work well for you.

I just bought a HAF 932 to replace my old TT Full Armor, and i'm loving it
Excelent build quality, love the cable management

The loudest thing in my case is my video card, and its pretty quiet... not dead silent but quiet enough

What about the bottom size ? Could i put there 1 x 200 mm fan,like the top one ?
I have the HAF 922.

Last edited:
Back