Cooler Master RC690 Gallery

here is my case cm690...keep in mind i have non-modular psu ;)

DSC01629_resize.jpg

DSC01630_resize.jpg

DSC01631_resize.jpg

DSC01632_resize.jpg

DSC01633_resize.jpg

DSC01634_resize.jpg

DSC01635_resize.jpg

DSC01636_resize.jpg

DSC01637_resize.jpg

DSC01638_resize.jpg

DSC01639_resize.jpg

DSC01640_resize.jpg

how is the cabling ? comments please!!

What will be the best way to dust of the cards? to make them as new? i have brush but that just don't wipe out the whole dust from the card ?

i use mine for intake.

my theory is that the temp outside is always cooler than the temp inside, and if you up the pressure inside the hot air will always find a way out to the lower pressure surroundings. that's why i use all my fans for intake except for one exhaust in the back.

i use mine for intake.

my theory is that the temp outside is always cooler than the temp inside, and if you up the pressure inside the hot air will always find a way out to the lower pressure surroundings. that's why i use all my fans for intake except for one exhaust in the back.

means all over the case you have intake and only 1 exhaust at the back? don't you think you are getting to much of air? you should at least have 2exhaust so the hot air get off the from the case quickly..but that's my opinion.

means all over the case you have intake and only 1 exhaust at the back? don't you think you are getting to much of air? you should at least have 2exhaust so the hot air get off the from the case quickly..but that's my opinion.

i would agree if i had two exhaust fans in the back of the case. it's more effective for a fan to push air across something than to draw air away. with that in mind, if i use intake fans on three sides of my case (top, front, side panel) and one exhaust in the back so that all the air will flow to the rear of the case. if i put an exhaust on the top of the case also, different air flows will result which might interfere with each other.

i'd like to hear other people's thoughts on this, is there a thread about optimizing air cooling?

You guys with top fans, are you using them for intake or exhaust?

Personally, exhaust... I have the 2 fans on top as well as the rear as exhaust, the side fan, bottom fan and front fan as intake. I only have one side fan because I have the window side panel. Personally I feel this will be the best cooling method. The top fans IMO should be exhaust... heat rises, and therefore it would be most effecient for the top fans to alleviate that heat.

Personally, exhaust... I have the 2 fans on top as well as the rear as exhaust, the side fan, bottom fan and front fan as intake. I only have one side fan because I have the window side panel. Personally I feel this will be the best cooling method. The top fans IMO should be exhaust... heat rises, and therefore it would be most effecient for the top fans to alleviate that heat.

That was my gut feeling as well as the 690/590 has so much intake capacity that was the best move. Not sure I need to top fan yet or not, my 4870 comes tomorrow so I'm just thinking ahead.

Positive air pressure = less dust, which is important on a case with vents everywhere. :D

i'm inspired. i think i'll do a temp test with a bunch of different fan configurations in this case. i'm not sure when i'll have it done by, but hopefully eventually. PM me with some fan configurations you'd like to see and i'll post the results comparing the temps.

That was my gut feeling as well as the 690/590 has so much intake capacity that was the best move. Not sure I need to top fan yet or not, my 4870 comes tomorrow so I'm just thinking ahead.

My 4870 as well as my motherboard come tomorrow too :cool:

@ Momba121,

Liking the white cathodes; they're pretty rare these days and look classy.

Also, what 120mm fan are you using in conjunction with your Xigmatek heatsink?

yea I've done blue and green rigs but once i finish this decked out white rig, i was really impressed.

The fan attached to the Xigmatek is a Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000RPM fan. Its fan controlled but blows allllllllot of air keeps my q6700 @ 3.6 under 65 with prime95 loaded on all cores.

Soon to be a hd4870 so an update in the near future.

For those who have the official side panel window, where did you order it from? I see it on newegg, but from the reviews, the packaging sucks, leaving dents and scratches, which I don't want. Is there any trustworthy vendor?

That was the biggest risk on this build was the side panel, I read the reviews at newegg and even the picture newegg took the box was mangle. I took a risk and order and yes the box is a thin cardboard held with a thin 2mm thick styrfoam and the panel itself.

When i recived I was like wow newegg... I order memory and cd's and its in huge overtop boxes. The side panel came scratchless and without dent so i Luck out but I did see pics of other forums 690 cases of corner dents.

Now I can really do what i want and mod my own window, the CM side panel i can always fail back on

Here's mine finally...
IMGP0177.jpg

Close up
IMGP0170.jpg

With lighting...
IMGP0171.jpg

IMGP0180.jpg

And a shot of the cathode location for wahur :)
IMGP0172.jpg

If you can't tell they are at the top of the case, between the side panel and the two top 120mm fans

Just bought 5 of the new CM 90 CFM 120mm blue led fans from kl and will be fixing it this weekend i hope.

For those who have the official side panel window, where did you order it from? I see it on newegg, but from the reviews, the packaging sucks, leaving dents and scratches, which I don't want. Is there any trustworthy vendor?

I got mine from Micro Center in store. I bought both the side panel and the case there.

I am thinking about doing the drive bay fan mod... but I threw out the metal plates that were attached to the case when i bought it. Anyone have any ideas on how to attach the fan in the drive bay without these? I was thinking of using zip ties and suspending the fan by attaching the ties to the slits in the drive bay.

I am thinking about doing the drive bay fan mod... but I threw out the metal plates that were attached to the case when i bought it. Anyone have any ideas on how to attach the fan in the drive bay without these? I was thinking of using zip ties and suspending the fan by attaching the ties to the slits in the drive bay.

Thats what I did, except I used shoelaces, lol.

I got this case as well, but I wasn't pleased with HD cooling. The front 120 mm fan doesn't cool HD's that well as it's being blocked (only slits opened for cooling). My previous Antec case could take 4 drives and none of them would go over low 30's. I tried putting the same HD's in CM690 and after an hour or so, temp reached upper 40's on the bottom drive. Any solution/recommendation/mod for better HD cooling...I hope I won't have to return it. Cheers

Hi all, looking at buying this case for a new rig i'm setting up. I'm just wondering if mounting a handle on top of the case would be a possibility, since i'm very mobile; moving the pc at least twice a week. Does anyone know of people doing this? I'm looking at buying these handles http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=54&products_id=6952, and just positioning one on the top, similar to the coolermaster ammo. I know there is a mesh top on the case, perhaps i could position a metal plate underneath for support? Thanks for any suggestions

you would have to come up with some way to actually mount it to the metal top of the case instead of the plastic bezel, otherwise I'm pretty sure the weight of the components would rip off the plastic bezel off before you moved few feet.

Back