CoolerMaster Cosmos 1000 $140 FS No MIR

That's some pretty thick, sturdy aluminum on those Cosmos cases...not flimsy like Silverstone or Lian-Li. Very nice case.

Nice price, got mine for MSRP near launch. Not a fan though, handles squeak a bit if you put pressure; every time I lift it I can't help but lift from the bottom. The plastic sticker "rail guide" of the HD cages rub and tear off easily. Dust magnet on the front..... among other gripes. Anyways.

fuck.... i literally paid the same for a refurbished one last week.

nice case though anyway i like it.

Best case I ever had - paid a lot more, too. It is very long, so measure your space carefully. Love the rails - easy to move, easy to slide on carpet. Excellent cable management.

My only concern is the lack of hard drive cooling. There isn't a fan blowing across the drives as far as I can tell and the only intake is on the bottom of the case. I have an Antec 300 now and am looking to upgrade to a larger / quieter case that I'll be able to use for future builds.

The case does look sexy and the cable management is just what I'm looking for as the 300 is a bit lacking. The price w/ FS is nice too. Somebody push me over the edge please. :)

Damn. Say it ain't so. I'm so tempted to get this case. Especially at that price. Can't beat it with free shipping. Blah.. .. Gotta resist.. Damn newegg.. haha.. And my kid's party.. Bad timing..

My only concern is the lack of hard drive cooling. There isn't a fan blowing across the drives as far as I can tell and the only intake is on the bottom of the case. I have an Antec 300 now and am looking to upgrade to a larger / quieter case that I'll be able to use for future builds.

The case does look sexy and the cable management is just what I'm looking for as the 300 is a bit lacking. The price w/ FS is nice too. Somebody push me over the edge please. :)

You can move the fan from bottom to top, or bitch CM out for a replacement which they never sent me.Cable management kinda sucks imo, though some have made it hella nice- there's a "bar" support thing that effectively blocks semi-thickish cables from routing to the front and the cable holes without bulging the panel. If you tore off the sound dampening (which seemed pretty useless) then the cables would have no problems.

It does e-atx, if anyone got in on those Opteron 1207 deals... your gonna need a huge case :)

I know this case is much better than my Ultra Aluminus case but how much better in terms of lower temps am I going to see with it?

My Ultra has 2 Antec 120mm led fans and I know this beast has like 4 or 5 fans, my CPU temps hover around 40 to 42 at idle, would I see 10 degrees or more with the Cooler Master case?

Got one for the wife at the compusa closing sale for $160 been rock solid since. I will say though all the noise dampening stuff on the doors seems to be worthless. Its not really loud but its not exactly quiet either with all of those fans.

Ogilvy, have you ever even touched a lian li or silvertsone case?!

Back