Core I7 processor speed not report correctly in Vista system info ?

Manon66

Weaksauce
How do you correct this or it's a Vista bug ?

Core I7 920 @ 3.2ghz but only display 2.67ghz ?

Is my QPI LINK speed too fast or it's safe ?

Are you using a program to overclock? cause only time this happened to me was when i used easy tune back in the day on my 939 motherboard.

no idea, sometimes it gets stuck on the most recent overclock, try resetting the bios and re-overclocking and see if that fixes it, for me just restarting does it.

My i7 920 is also OC'd to 4.0ghz, yet Vista (as well as some games) reports it as 2.67ghz. No biggie, CPU-Z tells me the truth..

-R

The Vista utility is inaccurate for anything overclocked.

It tells me I am running my CPU at 4.2Ghz.

The Vista utility is inaccurate for anything overclocked.

It tells me I am running my CPU at 4.2Ghz.

mine just does simple calculation: im running at 400x9 but my chip can run at 400x9.5 and windows just assumes im using 9.5....................

Vista came out in 2006, Core i7 were launched a month ago. I'm pretty confident Vista will eventually get patched for newer CPU's. The i7's are a new technology, something Vista has never seen before, so it's reporting probably is a little different.

My QX9650 has always been overclocked to 4.0GHz; however, Vista shows it at 3.33GHz. CPUz will tell you the truth.

update....Just found out that by disabling speedstep and turbo in bios then the speed is report correctly in Vista....

Back