Corsair AX1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

covertash

Gawd
NOTE: Assume there is no warranty based on the one missing sticker. Their customer service department may make an exception, but YMMV.

I have a Corsair AX1200 up for sale, as part of my downgrade to a more humble setup, and pay some bills. Originally, I bought this unit around this same time last summer in hopes of running Tri/Quad SLI, however, times have changed and so have my priorities. In my entire time of ownership, the highest wattage I have seen drawn (according to my Belkin watt meter) was around 900W from the wall (with Tri-SLI GTX 580's), which is not even close to realizing the full potential of this unit.

With Corsair's 7-Year warranty, this unit has at least 6 years left under the guise of their fantastic Customer Service department. As you can see from one of the pictures, I did remove one of the side stickers as I had a custom one made. I ripped it off a little while ago, as it did not match the theme of my build at the time, and have not replaced it since.

You will receive the full retail packaging and accessories, and I will also bundle an extra full set of cables (not the sleeved, the regular ones) that I had requested from Corsair when I originally wanted to undertake my own sleeving project. :eek:

Overall, this is a solid unit that I am sure will be much happier in a home that can actually make good use of it running very high end builds. :thumb:

Product Page: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139014
Payment: $200 Shipped Paypal US48 ONLY (Not willing to ship outside of the US, sorry.)
Trades: None

Last edited:
Bump

Might want to contact corsair about the warranty as they state any modification or removal of labels voids the warranty,

From corsairs site:

This warranty does not cover problems or damage resulting from, but not limited to, any of the following:

• Wear and tear associated with normal use
  • Any modification, abuse, accident, disassembly, misapplication, or unauthorized repair
  • Removal of any manufacturer label(s) or sticker(s)
Just wondering is all.

Bump

Might want to contact corsair about the warranty as they state any modification or removal of labels voids the warranty,

From corsairs site:

This warranty does not cover problems or damage resulting from, but not limited to, any of the following:

• Wear and tear associated with normal use
  • Any modification, abuse, accident, disassembly, misapplication, or unauthorized repair
  • Removal of any manufacturer label(s) or sticker(s)
Just wondering is all.

I will have to find out exactly then, as it looked like it wasn't a problem:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=90444&highlight=PSU+stickers

I only removed one side sticker that faces the windowed case side panel, with the rest still intact. :)

EDIT: It looks like I may be out of luck :( :

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108170

I suppose for now, assume no warranty unless specified otherwise. :eek:

Good catch though fantomau. :)

Last edited:
I have dealt with Corsair alot over the years, and in something like this that the sticker is gone, I would venture to say that they are not unreasonable and would get you an RMA without much problem. You just need to go the extra step in calling them up and letting them know of the issue.

Honestly, its not like they don't have another stick sitting around there somewhere anyways.

I have dealt with Corsair alot over the years, and in something like this that the sticker is gone, I would venture to say that they are not unreasonable and would get you an RMA without much problem. You just need to go the extra step in calling them up and letting them know of the issue.

Honestly, its not like they don't have another stick sitting around there somewhere anyways.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I figured too. Might as well be open and honest about it up front though. :)

Bumpity!

I will work with the very few who are still interested in this PSU, but I will close this thread. If any of these deals fall through, I will just keep this PSU instead. Thanks [H]! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back