Corsair Dominator 1600 Problems

Brashen

Gawd
Hey there guys,

I just upgraded to 12Gb of the Corsair Dominators and wen ino the bios to change them to 1600. It woked fine he firt time and I tried a couple of games and apps on it. I switched off my PC and rebooted only to have it BSOD on me. I reverted to 1333 and it's working fine.

Specs are in my Sig. Tho I also upgraded to SLI 285s.

Thanks

I called Corsair Tech Support about this and was told that I could not run 12GB DDR3 @ 1600 on X58 motherboards. I found this to be a major bummer also.....

Huh? That's pretty retarded. I've seen people running 12GB at 1600 and have no problems.

I called Corsair Tech Support about this and was told that I could not run 12GB DDR3 @ 1600 on X58 motherboards. I found this to be a major bummer also.....

What were their exact words? We don't yet make a 12GB kit and therefore have not fully "officially" tested it but I don't think our guys are telling people it cannot be done. We have machines in the lab doing it now so I'm guessing there was a misunderstanding :confused:

Huh? That's pretty retarded. I've seen people running 12GB at 1600 and have no problems.

I thought so too. Last night I went to the Corsair Forums and found the Ramguy's suggested timings and bios settings for my exact ram and motherboard. Loaded it up and ram works perfectly at 1600 now.

I thought so too. Last night I went to the Corsair Forums and found the Ramguy's suggested timings and bios settings for my exact ram and motherboard. Loaded it up and ram works perfectly at 1600 now.

Ah, very cool. I guess you found our i7-X58 MOBO page with the BIOS screenshots?

Ah, very cool. I guess you found our i7-X58 MOBO page with the BIOS screenshots?

YES!! Thank you so much for posting that. Yet another reason all of my computers are filled with Corsair memory. :D

You guys and gals are the best.

Sorry guys my internet is wacky. My QPI is 1.17v and my DIMM is 1.65v Perhaps I should check out the Corsair forums.

That doesn't sound right at all. I have been running 12GB @ 1600 since November.

That doesn't sound right at all. I have been running 12GB @ 1600 since November.

I'm thinking it must have been a miscommunication. Our tech support people are not telling users they cannot use 6 modules. But, it seems the OP has hit issue sorted now :cool:

Yup if you have any issues with your motherboard timings, head over to the Corsair forums and click on any post that has RAMGUY in it. In his sig he'll have links to where you can see the exact deails you need to place in your bios. Worked without problems. Thanks Corsair.

I was just notified that the Dominator GT is available today for those on the waiting list. The bonus news is they dropped the price by $100 for the one I wanted.
I know it is still expensive but I did succumb and order 6 Gb.

Back