Corsair Dominator 9136 Boots at 2,2,2,2 Timings

Mike Clements

Gone but not Forgotten
In bios there is quite a few timing settings and I was very surprised that this memory will do very tight timing of 2-2-2-2 timing at stock 266FSB speed in sync mode DDR speed of 533Mhz. I had no problems running 3-2-2-x, 3-3-2-x, 3-2-3-x as well. This memory was very flexable compared to other DDR2 I have tested. The motherboard booted!!

Fugger over at Extreme Systems got our new memory to boot at 2,2,2,2 timings :eek: Good review going of the EVGA 680i MOBO.

Dominator PDF

This is premo stuff, we've had a lot of success with the various flavors of Dominator memory we've been using.

I must say i am impressed with the speeds you guys @ Corsair are setting your Dominator series at, & the assortment of kits.

The bad thing is that i know that means far more rigorous binning, which is sucky for those of us who like to buy the 667/800 stuff & get it to 1050+ :(

InorganicMatter said:
DDR2 is finally down to CAS 2?! Wow, kudos to Corsair for being the first to pull this off. :eek:

Well, that's in Synch mode...but still cool nonetheless...

I know the timings would not hold up but, I am looking forward to what the 680i can do with a nice clocking CPU in synch. It would be awesome to go over 1000mhz synch regardless of timings and without needing exotic cooling and board mods.

Mike Clements said:
I know the timings would not hold up but, I am looking forward to what the 680i can do with a nice clocking CPU in synch. It would be awesome to go over 1000mhz synch regardless of timings and without needing exotic cooling and board mods.

indeed!!

...this honestly isn't intended as a threadcrap, but could you please qualify "boots"? As in, gets into Windows? Does Memtest run?

ROFL. For some reason I thought Fugger was a PC way of saying fu...er

Back