Corsair HX620W vs ThermalTake Toughpower CableMan. 700W

czajunia

Weaksauce
Hello,

Which one would you recommend?
Corsair HX620W for £80 or
Thermaltake 700W for £70

They both feature modular design, 600W is plenty of power for me and I would like to get a PSU that is as quiet as possible.

How do Corsair and Thermaltake compare in terms of quality and reliability overall?

Any other recommendations in this price range that can beat Corsair and Thermaltake quality wise?

Also, how would you rate Corsair VX550W vs HX620W? I know that VX is not modular and is less powerful but I am curious about quality performance and noise differences. I could get one significantly cheaper than either of the above mentioned (£25 less than HX620W) and was wondering if it was worth it.

Thank's a lot for your help and suggestions!

If you're looking for quiet I think the Corsair *might* be a little bit better than the Thermaltake. As far as performance they're pretty close.

As far as the 550 vs the 620, the 620 is manufactured by Seasonic compared to CWT for the 550. CWT is a good manufacturer, but not quite on the level of Seasonic. The 550 also has a bit more ripple if memory serves.

I was looking at both of the above mentioned PSU's [corsair620 & thermaltake700].

Hmm, I am leaning more towards the Corsair.

:)

As far as the 550 vs the 620, the 620 is manufactured by Seasonic compared to CWT for the 550. CWT is a good manufacturer, but not quite on the level of Seasonic. The 550 also has a bit more ripple if memory serves.

Compared to the 620? If my memory serves me right OW's review pegged it as quite a bit less ripple, with a pleasant little wavelength that wasn't jagged or anything. I know they reviewed both the 520 and the 550 here on this site and the 550 edged out the 520 in terms of DC output quality.

In anycase, the non-modular analogue to the 620HX isn't the 550VX, which is sometimes half the price of the 620HX, it's the 650TX.

Compared to the 620? If my memory serves me right OW's review pegged it as quite a bit less ripple, with a pleasant little wavelength that wasn't jagged or anything. I know they reviewed both the 520 and the 550 here on this site and the 550 edged out the 520 in terms of DC output quality.

In anycase, the non-modular analogue to the 620HX isn't the 550VX, which is sometimes half the price of the 620HX, it's the 650TX.

[H]'s reviews show that the ripple is nearly identical for all three units, with the 550VX having a couple spikes that the HX's lacked.

The OP didn't ask about the 650TX, and freely admitted that the 620 was more power than he needed, so I didn't mention it.

Thank's a lot for your help!

Just to keep the thread up to date - HX620W is on its way.
So it looks like Corsair has just received one more vote.
:D

Back