Could diluted coolant raise my load temps?

jjz-

Limp Gawd
When I was refilling my coolant for my water cooling system for my new i7 build, I ran out :p. I thought 500cc was enough, but apparently not. What I did was add some distilled water to the coolant, in order to get enough flowing in my system.

Could doing this significantly raise the load temperature? I am running at 3.8 ghz at 1.4V (Yes, it is a bad chip), and my prim95 load temperatures hit around 74-75C. Not incredibly high or anything, but I see people getting lower on air at similar clocks. I use a 3x120mm fan cooled radiator, and it just cools the processor, so I am surprised that my load is that high.

Think the diluted coolant could be to blame? Or is it just the high voltage?

I think the coolant is just Its distilled water and anti corrosive additive with a dye or two.
Adding a little more water *should* not cause an issue.

It is hard to match some other user temps because we don't know all their factors.

Room Tempeture, Voltage, and case air flow all play a factor in temps.

Adding water should drop temps. Too much coolant (additive only) will raise temp.

Adding water should drop temps. Too much coolant (additive only) will raise temp.

What he said.

Could be air, cpu needs a remount, or depending on the hardware, that might be good temps for it.

Is this the first time the new i7 system has been using this watercooling setup?

Water IS your coolant.
All additives do is keep algae from growing in the water and fight a bit of corrosion.

i7s are hot mothers, so you are seeing a normal temp IF that reading is under stress.
If that is an idle temp it's too high. You may need to reseat your block.

My 920 C0 runs at 38 idle and 60 or so under full load.
My chip is getting 1.435V and runs at 4.25 GHz.
I use a HeatKiller 3.0 CPU block and have a BitsPower NB block in the same loop.

Yeah, it is my load temperature. I idle around 38C and hit 70C under prime 95 load.
How are you hitting such a low load with that much voltage magoo? Do you have HT off? I use a D-TeK Fuzion V2.

Yeah, it is my load temperature. I idle around 38C and hit 70C under prime 95 load.
How are you hitting such a low load with that much voltage magoo? Do you have HT off? I use a D-TeK Fuzion V2.

HeatKiller Rev 3.0 baby...........400 grams of solid copper.:D:eek::D
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/heatkiller1366.html

At any rate, under normal conditions, even heavy gaming the CPU will never see those temps.

Back