Could it be? Vista 101.70 x32~x64

Cool, thanks for the heads up. These are likely to be similar to the ones due on the 17th (when the new 8x cards come out).
An Nvidia rep said their next driver revisions will offer a vsync fix, so maybe it's in these. If true, I can finally play STALKER without going blind with all the tearing.

modes.txt [Snippet]

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// 0190 - NVIDIA G80-400
// 0191 - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
// 0192 - NVIDIA G80-200
// 0193 - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
// 0194 - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra
// 0197 - NVIDIA G80-600
// 019D - NVIDIA G80-875
// 019E - NVIDIA Quadro FX 4600
// 0400 - NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
// 0401 - NVIDIA G84-350
// 0402 - NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
// 0403 - NVIDIA G84-200
// 0404 - NVIDIA G84-100
// 0405 - NVIDIA G84-50
// 040E - NVIDIA G84GL-850
// 040F - NVIDIA G84GL-875
// 0420 - NVIDIA G86-400
// 0421 - NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
// 0422 - NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
// 0423 - NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GS
// 0424 - NVIDIA G86-303
// 042E - NVIDIA G86GL-850
// 042F - NVIDIA G86-203
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Any word as to when these will debut?

// 0400 - NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
// 0402 - NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
// 0421 - NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
// 0422 - NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
// 0423 - NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GS

Downloading the drivers now, I'll let you guys know how they work (7600GT).

I'm sure some of you gents (and ladies, if you're out there) will appreciate me calling it an early day...

Spec's:
Vista Ult x64
Gainward 7900GTX (sorry, no SLI)

So far:
These are not signed drivers, so no WHQL, yet. But since Nvidia hasn't released them on their site, along with the XP drivers, maybe they're being sent for Qualification. Who knows? (rhetorical)

On install:
-After clean reboot from installation, display resolution auto-detected.
-The CP has changed a tad. Mainly the layout now adds a sidebar navigation. Still looking further.

Multi-monitor support:
-Clone mode works
-Dual View works
-Changing Primary and display position works.

I've heard reports of Vsync working, so I'll have to load up FEAR and STALKER to test them on this comp; I may also consider loading up CoH's, if I'm begged for a x64 quick review. Otherwise I can test CoH on a 32 bit machine, w/ Vista Business (6600 vanilla).

Will return after some benching..wish me luck! :cool:

Things seem to be working fine with the new drivers. One thing I've noticed is the changes to the control panel:

1017.gif

So far so good.

So far, 2 "Display stopped responding but has recovered" errors; both only on the desktop.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
==========
Major Issues, so far. (resolved)
No textures (except for sky).

Tried with Vsync force on and off.
Tried with Advanced User.ltx file and my default User.ltx file. (Update: When changing User.ltx files, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is picky. It is crucial you make a back up of the default file, just in case, but you must completely remove the user.ltx in current use and allow the game to recreate an new default user.ltx; and from there change to your hearts desire.)
Tried with Full dynamic, object dynamic and static lighting.
Adjust video settings from high to mid-low @ 1920x1200.
No resolve. (resolved)

Update:
WARNING

Do not set AA via the CP anything other than Application controlled when using any Dynamic lighting with S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
AA setting in the CP only seem to work with Static lighting. Setting AA - Transparency seems to have no unwanted effects: None, Supersampling, Multisampling.

If you feel like testing my findings, be aware -- subject to your own risk, I'm sure they'd be greatly appreciated.

More testing needed.

F.E.A.R.
=======

Benchmark: Max settings (no Softshadows) @ 1680x1050

FPS

First trial
  1. Min. 27
  2. Avg. 46
  3. Max 99
Second trial
  1. Min. 26 0% @ 25 FPS
  2. Avg. 47 52%@ 25-40 FPS
  3. Max 99 48%@ 40+ FPS
Third trial
  1. Min. 26 0% @ 25 FPS
  2. Avg. 47 52%@ 25-40 FPS
  3. Max 99 48%@ 40+ FPS
F.E.A.R. MP
==========

1 round; Control
Players: 11/12
My ping: 61
Highest ping: 245

Ran silky smooth, only a few artifacts (have not tested with Vsync on for tearing) correction.)

3dMark's to come...
===============

Will post tonight.

Anyone w/7950GX2 and 64bit vista try these yet? Is SLI working ok? The last driver set wouldn't work w/SLI enabled on my system.

I pulled mine from Guruof3D. NOD32 has yet to find a flaw. It was updated and set to run before and after downloading.

Yay for new drivers. I'll give these a shot and post up some impressions in a lil' bit.

Okay, so this brought another big performance upgrade. Far Cry and FEAR ran significantly better at 1920 X 1200 on my 7800GTX.... and thankfully, the stuttering in these games seems to be gone. Which is a huge improvement IMO. Unfortunately, Riddick still doesn't work... game claims to need a OpenGL 1.3 compatible card to run. Oh well. Still, this is a big boost over the last set of drivers for me, and these games seem to be running far better than they did on XP.

TEXAS HOLD 'EM (Vista Ultimate) finally works correctly! (no more blinking text)

Dammit, I had some hope for these drivers. Anyone else running x64 and when you enable SLI it prompts you to reboot. When you reboot, there's no trace of the nVidia control panel and your stuck at 800x600? The quadro 4500 is listed in the modes file, so I was hoping to get SLI back.

Edit: on another note, Vista performance rating went from 5.7 to 5.8 because my gaming graphics went from 5.7 to 5.8, too bad that isn't with SLI enabled...

Ive downloaded it from the american link and the australian and each time after i select the extracting point i get "7-zip Diagonstic message" then it has the location of the installer and says next to it that its not a supported archieve any1 having this problem?

Woohoo -- vsync works now!
No more image tearing for me.
Only problem I've noticed is that the new menu system is clearly unfinished (I bet they keep it, but bring the big icon menu back when these are official) and fan control has been disabled.

Ive downloaded it from the american link and the australian and each time after i select the extracting point i get "7-zip Diagonstic message" then it has the location of the installer and says next to it that its not a supported archieve any1 having this problem?
I cant even get them to fully download. I have tried 3 times and it just stops after a minute or two.:confused:

i recommend one of the europe mirrors...when i downloaded from the american mirror it started downloading a 21MB file when its supposed to be 54MB

Yeah, go to the Euro mirror in the middle. The US one wouldn't finish and the 7zip file actually had the last beta in it!

If you're trying from Guru, hold off a bit. These drivers had 100-200 DL's in the first couple hours. Fast forward 10 hours and they've sky rocketed to 1k-2k+.

Let's see, if the avg. user is DL'ing in 5 min. thats *.......and carry the 2.....divide the.."I reckon the servers is trying to spit out about 1.8-2.4 mbps, every second. That's not a crazy amount of bandwidth, but that's with a 25% fail-retry exception already calculated (modest) and doesn't even take into consideration what the server equipment and DB is going through every minute or second..

Give it some time. ;)

Catching up on a little of the work i put off; Plus some Reading. Will post Benchmarks later this evening or tomorrow after-noonish.

I finally got them. I will check out FEAR first to see if anything improves.

EDIT: FEAR went from 51 FPS to 58 FPS at 1024x768 2aa 16af(all max except for soft shadows) on my X2 5000 and 7600gt.:eek: :D

Also vsync finally works again.:D

hmm... performance seems a little better, but S.T.A.L.K.E.R. crashes to desktop when I quickload / quicksave. It happens enough to make the game unplayable. :(

The game is buggy as hell right now, and the buggy drivers sure aren't helping. *sigh*

Holy cow fps went from 77 to 135 in CS Source stress test with the same settings on both runs. How is that even possible??:eek:

Also the two Deus Ex games that I bought through Steam finally work. :D :D

These drivers r amazing , my fps in css at 1680 x 1050 16xaf 16xq csaa went from 97 to 167.... i only get 137 with those settings in xp using the 100.65's. I had to check if the aa was on! i went into 720x480 and its defintly on u can notice the difference this was a massive boost.

These drivers r amazing , my fps in css at 1680 x 1050 16xaf 16xq csaa went from 97 to 167.... i only get 137 with those settings in xp using the 100.65's. I had to check if the aa was on! i went into 720x480 and its defintly on u can notice the difference this was a massive boost.
I thought I was crazy too. I had to recheck all my settings to make sure. These drivers have fixed all my probs so far. :D

Shit, I seem to be getting BSOD's right now... I'm not sure if it's these drivers, or the updated Creative drivers... probably Creative's shit...

Edit: Nevermind, it was linksys' new drivers that were fucking up. Like I expected anything else from them.

Any word on fixing the BSOD on watching a video after waking up from a Sleep mode?

I thought i was the only one seeing that problem. I'll let you know when i wake up tomorrow =)

:D You shouldn't have installed Vista on your brain. It's known for its sleep mode problems. :) Try dual booting.... :D

The new control panel on this set is much better than the previous new control panel. Still not as good as the classic one, but there's a big improvement.

I don't know how it happened since everyone else reports no change in performance or stability in STALKER, but I can now play it with dynamic lighting on! No problems with stability and it looks so much better, I think I might actually devote some time to it.

Back