Crash In CS Source

neubspeed

Gawd
So I was playing some Counter-Strike source a few minutes ago, out of nowhere, the video and audio cuts off to nothing, the computer is on, hard drives are spinning, yet it hangs, nothing is happening besides a black screen, Ctrl-Alt-Del, Alt-F4, that crap doesn't work. Have to do a hard reset, everything seems okay, to see what happened I open up Event Viewer in the XP console. It says the ATI smart service has started. Seconds after the PerfNet service was unable to start. What is going on, this never happened with my Nvidia card, I'm using Cat 5.6s with AGP Fast Writes on. This happens completely randomly on two occasions now, my computer is Prime95 and 3Dmark stable for over 10 hours. Using Nforce 5.10 drivers for K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboard. The video card is an ATi Radeon X850 XT Platinum Edition. HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

It was "Standard" by default, I just turned it off. Not even sure what it does. Why does it make the system completely unstable?

Keep AI on, if anything it would help the compatibilty and performance of the game. What's the rest of your system, like your PSU, and how many drives do you have. That kind of stuff. List it all baby woo.

did you reformat after you switched to ATI assuming the nvidia card was in the same rig before?

This happens to me, randomly, as well. However, I have an x800se. My system is super stable as well, and this only happens in CS:Source. Not often, but once a week or month, maybe. I hate how some saved information of yours gets deleted when it crashes. One time, all of my keys got reset to default. Another time, all of my saved favorite servers list disappeared. I don't know what the problem could be because it's so sporadic. I'm using cats 3.5 .

Back