Creative X-Fi Titanium PCI Express Sound Card $50 shipped - Creative Outlet Store

my refurb X-Fi Platinum is still going strong from three or four years ago (IIRC) in a similar deal to this, when I opened it I could've sworn it was brand freaking new...

some decent deals here...

I recently just got a new Yamaha receiver (2011 model) for my 5.1 speakers (the subwoofer has separate power). It sounds great in my living room, but I'm using onboard sound (an ASUS motherboard for an i5 760). I've always thought a sound card was a waste on 2.1 systems, but I'm wondering if my set up would benefit at all from one. I wonder if it would sound better with a sound card like this. I don't do any kind of audio editing, just gaming and watching shows/movies.

I dont get it if I game with headphones is there a benefit to this?

the only thing I've ever heard bad about creative is the support is almost non existing.
People email them and if you hold your breath you will turn into a smurf.:D

Ehh, Xonar DX for the same price. IDK, X-Fi Titanium is a little bit 2008, and the DX is probably miles better based on reviews and specs.

In other words I'm saying it's not really worth it. IMO

Ehh, Xonar DX for the same price. IDK, X-Fi Titanium is a little bit 2008, and the DX is probably miles better based on reviews and specs.

In other words I'm saying it's not really worth it. IMO

They're both about the same, though the DX may edge out the Titanium in some cases (it does edge out the XtremeMusic in a couple of cases, but that has a slightly worse DAC and I believe op-amps as well).

Asus drivers are worse than Creative drivers, this is a good deal.

I'm going to go out on a limb and just say that ALL sound card manufactures have shitty outdated drivers. They much rather throw it under the rug and bring a new product out... :( It makes for a hard decision. I'll just stick with my Auzentech....

With headphones, an X-Fi sounds much better than onboard.
Not sure about with speakers, though.
I've moved back and forth between this exact card and onboard audo on my Asus p67 recently. I would say the 5.1 sound coming out of the X-fi is noticeably better. Better separation, fuller surround effects.

However, I only noticed because I basically did an A/B test.

For headphones, I love creative cards. Their headphone gaming support is the best IMO.

For this price, I would definitely get this card.

Bought one, building an i5 rig and my current first gen xtreme music is acting up. Thanks!

I think I am going to grab one. Switched to a new motherboard and my Xtremegamer is right inbetween my 5770s. Onboard sucks too. Huge difference in sound quality.

http://us.outletstore.creative.com/Refurbished-Creative-Sound-Blaster-XFi-Titanium/M/B004TA2870.htm

Cheapest I've seen, factory refurb, no problem. Been loving my X-Fi Extreme Music card for a few years now, picked one of these up for a future build.

There's also a X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series PCI Express Sound Card for $75 if you think the added "X-Ram" will help you game better... - http://us.outletstore.creative.com/Refurbished-Creative-Sound-Blaster-XFi-Titanium/M/B002ZB2L3Q.htm
heh I definitely wouldn't spend the extra money for the X-Ram

in one of my rigs I'm still using an original PCI Fatality extremegamer that I bought basically on the day it launched back in 2007 or whatever it was.

I have more recently bought the Xfi Titanium PCIe for another rig. I can honestly tell you I have never noticed a difference. I think for the X-Ram to have made any difference, game devs would have needed to program for it, and I don't think any of them did.

I currently have a PCI X-fi Platinum edition. Is it work going to the PCI Express X-fi Titanium?

amazon has it for $49.99 + free ship as well.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Refurbished-Creative-Blaster-Titanium-Express/dp/tech-data/B004TA2870"]Amazon.com: Refurbished Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI Express Sound Card: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51WuYuYrYGL.@@AMEPARAM@@51WuYuYrYGL[/ame]

I currently have a PCI X-fi Platinum edition. Is it work going to the PCI Express X-fi Titanium?

Probably not unless you want to free up the PCI slot. I went from the X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro PCI to the Fatal1ty Pro Titanium PCI-e because the PCI card was in between my SLI'ed GPUs and causing a heat increase. I haven't really noticed any difference between the two in terms of sound quality.

X-Fi's are good cards, but don't get them expecting anything major out of EAX, since nothing but legacy games + Alchemy uses it anymore. Still, it's a lot better than onboard, that's for sure.

I bit on amazon with free shipping. I will let you know if I hear any diference from this and the standard audio from my Asus Formula board. Thanks OP

Just FYI they have the Creative Labs PCI-Express X-Fi Fatal1Ty Pro for $40 after rebate at Frys B&M. Going to pick one up right now

I'm just worry about the stupid software that everyone been complaining about. Also heard of someone made software for it that doesn't crash but can't recall who...

Thanks

Which you'll think is better this or the ASUS DX?

I happen to own both a Xonar D2 and an old X-F ExtremeMusic for several years now. The Xonar is definitely better sounding with movies and music listening in general, but the X-FI is noticeably better in all games I play regardless of whether or not I'm using Alchemy for EAX 4.0/5.0 support. And whenever Alchemy is used for some of the older titles, there's really no comparison. Not just in sound quality, but with fewer in-game sound anomalies as well.

The previous poster who mentioned that Asus support and drivers suck, well he's not far off. They're just as lack-luster in support and driver updates as Creative.

I was wondering since I haven't bought a sound card since the AGP and PCI slot days, will this fit into a regular full size PCIEX slot that you put video cards in? Past motherboards had the short PCIEX slot above the pciex slot for video cards but mine doesn't have the short ones anymore.

I was wondering since I haven't bought a sound card since the AGP and PCI slot days, will this fit into a regular full size PCIEX slot that you put video cards in? Past motherboards had the short PCIEX slot above the pciex slot for video cards but mine doesn't have the short ones anymore.

It will. That's the beauty of PCI-E is they are slotted for the smaller cards to fit in the bigger slots on the board.

I have had my X-Fi Xtreme Music for years now and have had no issues whatsoever with it. Great card. Loved it with BF2!

I am still able to find drivers/updates for it.

I looked into upgrading, but I didn't think I would notice much of a difference.

if you don't have any major sound speakers or anything, will i notice a different in real world sounds ?

I got the x-fi fata1ity for $29.99 at Frys on black friday.. loving the card.

Back