Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer sound issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

space_ghost

Limp Gawd
Ok, I just reformatted my HDD and I installed my games. When I play a game, some of the sounds that I would normally here cant be heard anymore. An example: when playing Crysis, I use the strength suit. After jumping a few times the power is depleted and a voice normally says "Energy low" or something to that affect, but I dont hear it anymore. Also when playing NBA2K9, I can hear the music and the corwd, but I cant hear the commentators talking. I used to be able to hear the play by play commentary, but I cant hear it now.

Is there something in Sound properties I need to adjust or something in the Creative Console launcher that I need to adjsut? I have tried adjusting settings, switching between Game and Entertainment mode, and nothing has helped. Any help would be great.

Make sure that the number of channels you told your computer you have matches the number of channels you actually have.

Well I set it to 5.1 for my Loitech G51 speaker set. Its just wierd because it worked fine before and now it doesnt play everything correctly. I think there is something I set incorrectly or something I didnt set yet.

So I disabled the Crystalizer and Crysis: Warhead is working fine now. NBA2K9 still has no commentary, not sure why though.

Sounds like all you need to do now is uninstall NBA2K9 and buy the next version that comes out.

You might check to see that the Windows control panel and the Creative one match up on the speaker setup (# of channel). Perhaps the game has it's own control on what speaker setup you have.

It is most likely a driver issue. Check the Creative forums for a post from daniel_k. He made drivers for the X-Fi series cards that work well. I posted a link to the forum where the drivers are if you search for my previous posts.

I figured out what it was. I am such an idiot. 1 out of 3 of the plugs were not plugged in all the way. Now I get all the sounds again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back