crucial value ddr2-667

(cf)Eclipse

Freelance Overclocker
so, some of you may be aware of how i picked up a kit of 2x1gb for $120 a week ago. well.. it ended up being single rank, 8 micron D9HNL chips per stick. i was hoping for some GMH, but i guess i wasn't that lucky. i think it's fairly safe to say that most of those sticks will come with these chips, as i've seen someone else with them too, but samsung or elpida is a possibility, but i think somewhat unlikely.

anyway, i like overclocking, not talking. here goes :D
sticks.jpg

chips.jpg

pretty non-descript value ram. :eek: :cool:

and... the results. i had a lot of fun with this. it was somewhat finicky as far as timings and drive strengths went... but voltage does next to nothing! :(

starting off, i managed to pull this off:
486.3-32m-5-5-5.png

but then i found out that 3d stability was lower than 32M stability... so i started using 3dmark as well as 32m to check stability, and ended up a bit lower
469.9-06-5-5-5-4.png

then after much tweaking and fiddling, i arrived here:
491.2.png

after concluding that i figured out what the D9HNL likes, i went ahead and started checking how it scales with voltage at several different timing sets. the mhz shown is the maximum speed that would complete 32M and 3dmark05
scaling.png

compare that scaling chart with some of my D9GMH based stuff: (a 2x512mb ddr2-800 teamgroup kit)
vvt.png

and understand why i am dissapointed with how poorly it responds to voltage :(

Back