Crysis mods & custom configs questions.

aznpxdd

2[H]4U
I plan on buying Crysis soon, and I know custom configs and/or mods are really popular with the game. Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to find them?

Cuban Ultima Doom Sword's Custom Crysis Config [CCC] v1.31
http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=18999

The guy who made the mod did a lot of testing to find the best cross between image quality and performance.
There are 5 different levels you can apply depending what hardware you use.
On my 8800GT level 3 gives me some of the Ultra High Quality graphics at 1080p res (@ 40fps timedemo), blinking awesome!

It also includes a Time Of Day mod (TOD) that has the sun move around during the day casting different lighting dependent on the time of day.
Some of the effects are amazing.

Thanks for the link. I tried running it at level 4 with my E8400 and 8800GT since I'm only playing on 1280x1024, but wasn't satisfied with the FPS at all. I will try level 3 in a bit, hopefully it runs smoother.

Thanks for the link. I tried running it at level 4 with my E8400 and 8800GT since I'm only playing on 1280x1024, but wasn't satisfied with the FPS at all. I will try level 3 in a bit, hopefully it runs smoother.

Odd, I'm running the same hardware with the GT overclocked 20% on the core/shaders and used to get 51fps in the timedemo at 1280x1024, level 4 CCC.

I just tested it again with level 4 at 1280x1024 res to make sure and got 50fps (with a different driver) so you should be able to get a very smooth experience.

im waiting atleast another year to play it

even a 1000$ of gpus cant run it properly

Run this
Crysis\Bin32\Benchmark_GPU.bat
dont use this go get fraps and do a fps monitor.it will show your low,med,high fps averages!its a amazing lil program.use it on like map "rescue"thats a pretty graphic demanding level and its a fun one too.

Well, I guess I need to start OCing my card then. I've been monitoring my FPS, and it seems it dips into the 20's during big firefights and generally floats around 30-40. But wow, I am willing to take the performance hit though since it looks so spectacular. There are probably shitload of Crysis screenshots out on the net already, but I still want to share mine. :)

crysis642008-03-2817-08-34-38.jpg

crysis642008-03-2817-07-30-90.jpg

im waiting atleast another year to play it

even a 1000$ of gpus cant run it properly

Not true at all.
Baseless hyperbole.

My system is running it at "Very High" settings, using my own custom config (which Ive written about extensively in my own thread), at 1600x1200, with 16xAF and 2x edge AA, at 30+ FPS pretty much throughout the entire game, dips in the low 20's, goes as high as the 60's, but mostly in the 30-40 FPS range.

Anyone who says otherwise simply doesn't know what they are doing provided that their hardware at least matches mine.
Oh, and that's on a single video card that you can pick up for less than $300 these days.

Heya Hamidxa, I'm with you in that I find it playable above 30fps but some dont and need nearer 60fps.
It could be down to the display not providing a continuous image for long enough (CRT) and therefore more refreshes = better, but aside from that it seems to be down to the way different peoples minds work / eyes react.

I have played Crysis at over 50fps and its gorgeous, giving it a kind of cinematic feel but personally I dont lose much by changing to higher framerate with lower resolution as long as it doesnt stutter.
It may be this kind of cinematic immersion triggers something more in other people.
Who knows :)

Crysis is very playable in the mainstream video card market. With the help of custom configs, you can crank up a few more settings.

Back