when i use to go play cs 1.6 i get 100 fps

but reacently ive been getting 60fps

my setting
1680x1050 32bit - open GL

my frineds say i got vsync on somewhere

but i dunno where it is

my driver for GFX is 169.04

thanks for any help

honestly sounds like a vsync setting , check under graphics -> advanced in the game or your nvidia control panel

thanks redlancer

i got it bak to 100 fps now :p

forgot i put on advance and not auto

lol you dont want to have 100fps, its refreshing faster than your monitor is which causes tearing. in console type fps_max 60 since vsync is a little buggy in cs

Leave it at 100fps - anything other than 100 or 101 fps in 1.6 and the game does not behave correctly (you wont get proper reg, recoil / movement / physics will be inaccurate etc etc)

Leave it at 100fps - anything other than 100 or 101 fps in 1.6 and the game does not behave correctly (you wont get proper reg, recoil / movement / physics will be inaccurate etc etc)

Where did you find that out? link?

Uhm thats common knowledge - in the goldsrc engine the gameplay (which includes physics recoil movement etc) is tied directly to the FPS, as its a highly modified quake engine.

Remember in quake how you could only make certain jumps etc at a certain FPS - same thing in 1.6 except anything other than 100 fps breaks a lot of the gameplay.

Go try it yourself - limit yourself to say 50 fps and check out the recoil, or how fast your character movies - its messed up.

This is why fps_max 101 is pretty much the standard for 1.6 players.

Nowadays of course things are different - engines are coded properly where the physics movement recoil etc etc is independent of the FPS.

Common knowledge... you can't just assume everyone knows that. I was just looking for something to refer to. Thanks anyway.

Back