Cursor control with Logitec Harmony

PS-RagE

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm currently using two remotes for my HT. For the HTPC it is the ATI Remote Wonder which works OK but locks up occasionally forcing me to hard boot the HTPC. The rest of the HT is run by a rebadged Phillips Pronto. It would be nice to combine the two devices into a single, modern remote but will the Harmony support cursor control? I imagine I'd still have to use the ATI RF receiver and software?

The MS Media Center Keyboard has mouse built in, maybe that suits you?

No Harmony that I've seen has cursor/mouse....

I use my harmony for my htpc, but I don't have cursor control since all I am doing is maneuvering through meedio. I have an IR keyboard with pointer when I need to get into the background.

I use girder and wonder if there is a way to map cursor controls to the harmony. There could be conflict when in a program since you would be using the arrow functions for multiple purposes. Does anyone know if you can translate keystrokes into cursor movement? It would be an interesting thing to tryout since I haven't tweaked my htpc in well over 3 months.

can't the harmony just shoot at the i/r eye for your wireless kb/m ? there must be a way to make it learn commands from those.

*subscribe*

Back