Custom Projector Box

dwheelz

Limp Gawd
Alright, i have a projector but im going to make a custom ceiling mount for it.

What i got to do and what materials im using:

4-5 LED fans (Blue or Green)

(3) 2*4*8 pieces of wood for frame

Outer wood for the box

Spray Paint for Outside design

Power Supply

This may sound stupid but im not going to buy a ceiling mount which cost lots of money when i can make my own custom one. If you all didn't know projectors let out some serious heat and need air coming in and pushing out. So i will have bottom fan in the back sucking in cool air and two upper ones pushing out air, and the side fans of the box im not sure yet. Need some opinions of what i should do on that. This is just a quick sketch of the back of it.

ceilingmount.jpg

Are you covering the front of the projector as well? or leaving it open? If you did end up using LED fans you would have to come up with a design that blocked the LEDS from interfering with the projector lens at the front.

Hell, do it the way you picture it; if it interfers with the picture/quality, replace them with regular fans. that simple.

I did think about that but wasn't sure, the front is going to be open. And the box is going to be fairly big because i have to put my VCR in it as well so i can have cable connected to my projector for tv. I guess i will go with the orange loom fans or the silver fans.

i'm not 100%, but there must be a alternative to using your VCR to get cable to your projector.

because vcr is very simple. All you do is get a video to video cord, hook it to the output of vcr and into input of the projector,then there is a cable connection on vcr which allows tv on a projector, very simple, no hassle. And i dont have a cable box down in the basement. Only standard cable.

Cable---->VCR---->Video to Video wire---->Projector= Cheap besides the projector!

Well if your have to run a cable from the projector to tv in the first place, why not just buy a longer video to video cable and leave the vcr by your cable jack on the wall. That way you will just have the projector on the ceiling, rather then a hulky vcr aswell. Just a thought.

i would but my cable jack is a split underneath my sheetrock close to the ceiling and its my way of changing channels for tv. need it to be close to change channels

Back