D-Link DGL-4300 $50shipped@The Egg

since when? ive never had a dlink router go bad and not this one.

Really good router if you love to play and download torrents at the same time. Pings in the game stay low.

Its only B/G:(

If you want your pings to stay low while you torrent/game, try PFsense. Best thing I have ever done here.

These routers do overheat, so I take the cover off and point a fan at the chipset. For $50, if it lasts two years, it's worth it. These routers rock, and it's rare for me not to be the first one to spawn on a map in BF2142.

50 bux! Thanks for posting :D
ecstatic.gif

Mine's been continuously great for a couple years now. I only wish I'd paid $50 for it. Good deal.

Mine doesn't overheat, but the power supply did crap out after about a year. Replaced it with one that had matching specs and it's been behaving ever since.

This is a great deal - I"ve had mine for nearly 2 years now, and has been the best router I've owned. I paid around $75 for it - $50 is a steal.

Great deal plus the intensity of the led's makes for sexy illumination.

since when? ive never had a dlink router go bad and not this one.

I've had three d-links and they've all gone bad. Plus, their tech support (india) is so awful, that I think their mission is simply to prevent you from RMAing.

They all just constantly drop out, and it gets worse over time. It's infuriating to have these constant disconnects. I opened one up and noticed that the chips get *very* hot. Leaving the unit open improved this problem. It may be rebooting, or halting temporarily to cool down, as some hardware protection.

I've had mine for almost 2 years(4100) by far and away the best router I have ever owned.

Hell of a price.

I used to have this but it gave out on me! It keep disconnecting me and freezing etc.

Lol what the hell is going on? First the DIR-655, and now the 4300. Seems they're clearing inventory for a new release...

1.09 last released in September of this year. Had mine for over a year plus and never an issue. Main access point serving 4 WRT54G set it bridge mode without a hitch in that configuration. Purchased another for a backup.
If not already obvious, the switch side is 10/100/1000.

Lol what the hell is going on? First the DIR-655, and now the 4300. Seems they're clearing inventory for a new release...

I'd guess they're introducing these features (gigabit, faster processors, etc) on lower-end models, which would undermine any sale of these higher-end units. An updated "N" model is overdue, but that's less of a threat to the current 4xxx series.

The dgl-4300 has gigabit. That's the main reason I ordered one last week when it went on sale.

I've had this router for years...it's fantastic. If you don't feel like paying $170 for the 802.11 Draft-N version (DGL-4500), buy this.

iv had this router for about 8mo now. been rock stable.

zykel has one that uses the same technology have had over 1 year only had to reset it 3 times, rock solid and cheaper then the dlink one.

with TB drives in our home servers now, gigabit is seemingly a must anymore... and wireless g is no fun at all for large file transfers...

iv had this router for about 8mo now. been rock stable.
well it's good to hear that it's worth rma'ing mine in the hopes of getting one that doesn't overheat and reboot continuously if the temp in the room is over 75F.

wouldn't trade mine for the world

had it over a year now and it's always been a hell of a router.

Back