Dark Souls 2 not going to next gen?

You've come to the wrong game if you want cutting-edge visuals. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls were not visually impressive games from a technical standpoint.

You've come to the wrong game if you want cutting-edge visuals. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls were not visually impressive games from a technical standpoint.

If you played Dark Souls on the PC you would see a ton of detail that never shows up on the console versions. It is actually a pretty impressive looking game.

But I agree with your point, these games are all about their gameplay.

If you played Dark Souls on the PC you would see a ton of detail that never shows up on the console versions. It is actually a pretty impressive looking game.

But I agree with your point, these games are all about their gameplay.

That's just because you can actually now see all of the detail in their texture assets. On a technical level, it isn't very impressive. The artwork and art direction are pretty nice, however.

Anyway, we already knew DS2 wasn't going to be a next gen title. Even so, it will still look better than the first 2 games in the Souls series.

why is this a thread?
this has been known since they announced DS2... what, in February?

That's just because you can actually now see all of the detail in their texture assets. On a technical level, it isn't very impressive. The artwork and art direction are pretty nice, however.

Anyway, we already knew DS2 wasn't going to be a next gen title. Even so, it will still look better than the first 2 games in the Souls series.

I understand fully why I can see it all now. Doesn't mean the game isn't a pretty damn good looking game just because it doesn't spew a bunch of graphical tech.

I'm psyched beyond belief for the PC version of this. While the PC version of the first one *could* look great - out of the box it looked just like the console versions. You had to use mods like DSFix to actually make the game run beyond 720p/30.

looks like ill be gettin DS2 on the PC, ive got a great rig i just like sittin on my couch sometimes. its all good though i got a new desk setup and monitor setup going on so its all good.

Question though I played DS1 on console, so for PC do i need to get a f'n controller i assume? Playing with mouse and keyboard might suck?

looks like ill be gettin DS2 on the PC, ive got a great rig i just like sittin on my couch sometimes. its all good though i got a new desk setup and monitor setup going on so its all good.

Question though I played DS1 on console, so for PC do i need to get a f'n controller i assume? Playing with mouse and keyboard might suck?

Do you have a 360? Plug the controller into your PC? Does your video card have hdmi out? Plug it into your TV? /profit

I use a PS3 controller on the PC but some folks here say that DS is totally playable with M/KB. Those people are crazy people tho.

The controls for DS aren't that crazy. I wouldn't personally play KB/M, but if you're one of those people that uses that scheme for everything, DS certainly won't be the one that breaks you from it.

I do fine with mouse and keyboard, even in high level pvp. I even started to prefer it after 20 or so hours.

The mouse fix ini tweak is something you need, though.

I use a PS3 controller on the PC but some folks here say that DS is totally playable with M/KB. Those people are crazy people tho.

I guess I must be crazy then...do people not know how to remap controls on the PC?...that's the 2nd thing I do in every game after fiddling with the video settings...I'm an arrow movement user so I always remap WSAD to the right arrow keys (to the left of the num pad)...Dark Souls hard-locks some functions so it isn't fully customizable but you definitely need to remap some keys...once you do that then it's just as good or better then a controller

As soon as a game has been announced on PC all other platforms are 100% irrelevant.

Back