Dell 2007WFP Issues

dclam

Weaksauce
One of the guys working here at my office has a "new" Dell 2007wfp. Its a revision A00 S-IPS. It is currently being run with a Optiplex 745, Core 2 E6700, 2GB Ram, and a 256MB ATI x1300.

It is also plagued by flickering. Or maybe monitor power issues. Or maybe video card issues. Not really sure.

The problem manifests itself as the screen turning on and off rapidly before returning to normal (and later repeating), as if it is trying to run at an unsupported resolution.

There seems to be little information available regarding monitor issues with this series beyond problems with color banding and the panel lottery. I tried looking for a solution in the ATI Catalyst Control Center, enabling the "reduce DVI frequency" thinking that maybe it was trying to run at 75Hz instead of the max supported 60Hz at 1680x1050. "Alternate DVI Frequency" was already checked previously.

It is worth noting that the flickering occurs at all supported resolutions, not just the native 1680.

Any thoughts or solutions are appreciated.

It seems to be an issue with the video card, and has already been reported to ATI earlier. Not that ATI wanted to help me over the phone though, they told me "dell products are not available for over the phone customer service" and directed me to try the website. And hung up.

Knowledge Base
AMD Customer Care Site Map > Radeon Support - PC > Radeon X1300 series >
737-28141: Radeon™ X1300 Pro PCI-E DMS59 - Intermittent flickering in dual display mode on DMS59 Dual DVI Y-Cable port

The information in this article applies to the following configuration(s):

* Catalyst Display Driver 7.5
* DELL Radeon™ X1300 Pro PCI-E DMS59
* DELL Optiplex 745
* Windows XP Professional

Symptoms:
Intermittent flickering occurs only on one monitor while in Extended Mode through DVI connection. There is no problem in Clone Mode or while analog CRT monitors are connected through DVI-VGA adapters.

Solution:
Currently there is no solution.

ATI Engineering has been advised of this issue and is investigating. Any updates will be published when they become available.

I completely believe you will fix this issue.

I promise not to send the card back to dell and get an Nvidia one that works.

Really.

<.<

>.>

Back