Dell D/Port + D610 - How do I get the wired lan to work?

drizzt81

[H]F Junkie
I own a Dell D610. It comes with a Broadcom NetXpress network card that works fine when I plug a cable into it.

I also own a Dell D/Port, which has a network port. When I dock my Laptop, the internal network card gets disabled. I cannot enable that card again by any means that I know of: neither Device Manager nor Network Connections can do this.

Since there is a RJ-45 port on the back of the Port replicator, I expect that I should be able to use a wired network when connected to this. Anyone have a clue how this works or what software I need?

I own a Dell D610. It comes with a Broadcom NetXpress network card that works fine when I plug a cable into it.

I also own a Dell D/Port, which has a network port. When I dock my Laptop, the internal network card gets disabled. I cannot enable that card again by any means that I know of: neither Device Manager nor Network Connections can do this.

Since there is a RJ-45 port on the back of the Port replicator, I expect that I should be able to use a wired network when connected to this. Anyone have a clue how this works or what software I need?

The docking station has its own network card (not a pass through jack from the internal card), install the drivers for it and you're done.

Back